1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota Streaming their Sustainable Mobility Seminar Live on April 13th

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Beginning at 11:30am Eastern / 8:30am Pacific, Toyota will begin their Sustainable Mobility Seminar and this year they will be broadcasting it live via USTREAM. I will be representing PriusChat during the Wednesday sessions, but I believe there will be some other familiar faces you might catch on camera during Tuesday's sessions. Here is the information I have for the event:
    This special event is designed to offer insight into the depth and complexity of challenges facing the auto industry, as it transitions into a new era where our business will no longer be about simply building and selling cars and trucks. The seminar will address: The energy and natural resource issues that will directly affect our mobility options. The new technologies being developed to address these energy andresource issues. The partnerships that will need to be forged to bring these newtechnologies to market. And how our cities will incorporate various combinations of mixed mobility in their urban design …and re-design, to accommodate regional energy, population and natural resource challenges. The seminar will be conducted in two parts. The morning session will examine the drivers for change – the challenges we’re facing that necessitate changes in behavior. Invited panelists include: Dr. Mickey Glantz, Director of the Consortium for Capacity Building at the University of Colorado, discussing climate change and society. WaterKeeper Alliance, discussing water scarcity and its ties to energy. Dr. Charles Kolstad, from the Donald Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, discussing the economics of climate change. Gordon Feller, CEO of Urban Age Institute, discussing urban design challenges and solutions. In response to these societal challenges, the afternoon panel will focus on technological advancements to power our future. Invited panelists include: Dr. Jan Kreider from the University of Colorado discussing low carbon fuels. Robert Bryce, author and editor of Energy Tribune, discussing rare earth metals and their use in advanced batteries. Jay Whitacre, from Carnegie Melon University discussing advanced batteries. Peter Attia from Sapphire Energy discussing algae/biogas fuels of the future.​
    I'll embed the feed right here on PriusChat so that you can watch it without leaving the site.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Re: Toyota Sustainable Mobility Seminar - Watch it Live April 13th

Right during my lunch at work, excellent Doug, thanks for sharing the info.

3. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Sure thing. There actually could be up to 6-7 hours of programming tomorrow. Hope you have a great long lunch!

Doug Coleman
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota Motor Sales, USA

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Lol, wow, long day. I'll catch what I can on and off...

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I will try to catch what I can which means that I might need to find a conference room, turn my laptop away from the door, put on headphones and when someone looks in give the international "I'm on a conference call" signal. :D

7. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sounds like PHV and EV flood gates will be opening.

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Very interesting so far

9. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I didn't see any discussion of the advanced, variable valve engines that would all but eliminate the throttle plate. It offers the advantage of moving the Atkinson cycle to the limits yet allow Otto cycle when needed for extra power.

Also, I think cooled exhaust recirculation should have been addressed.

Yes, I know there is a point of diminishing returns on tweaking the ICE and drive gear. But it is 'low hanging fruit' and can be applied to even non-hybrid vehicles.

Bob Wilson

10. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    This conference would make a nice Podcast for those of us who have a job. <wink>

Bob Wilson

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    exactly my thought

12. Paradox

Staff Member

Vehicle: