1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota to Correct Flaw In Prius Exhaust Systems

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by priusvgator, Apr 13, 2012.

1. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Received my letter yesterday. I will wait a month or so to give them time to learn how to do the replacement properly, not wanting to be the first. Letter says to expect 5 hours down time.
    Anyone know where this thing is located? Do they go from the engine compartment or from underneath? I'd like to know to check things over when I get it back to see what is loose or missing.

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    @ JACoH; From the picture in post #12 in this thread it looks like they just do the work from under the vehicle.

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Since the actuator valved is hooked to the cooling system, and the cooling system is opened to replace it, the cooling system must be refilled and purged of all air.

4. easted

easted Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Had my v mod three exhaust system recall done Friday, along with the 10,000 mile check up, oil change, tire rotation, and checking brakes etc. (for the groaning or squelling noise which shows up on cool damp mornings) . This all was accomplished in approx. 2 1/2 hours. Dealer could not find any reason for brake noise.

easted

5. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I had mine dont, this morning. The tech took his time, because it's the first one that he has done. This was a "good thing," since he had and was carefully reading the printout for the removal and installation. He honestly told me that he took his time to really "get it right." The entire exhaust system from the exhust manifold to the connection to the muffler had to be removed to get to the actuator valve, when I had suspected to be in post #12. As I sated in post #63, two places ahead of this one, the cooling system had to be blead.

I got a bill for $0.0, but I saw the internal invoice to Toyota for $400 for this service.

1 person likes this.