1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ToyotaCare plan

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by AliIzad, Sep 14, 2014.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great idea, let us know how it turns out.

2. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I purchased the $299 extended maintenance plan (30k,35k,40k,45k mile services) for my Prius Plug-in (27k miles) last week. I figure it will cost about that much unless the service department overcharges me again (like they did the two times I took it to Toyota of Orange), so why not pay it upfront and not deal with wondering how much I'll get charged next time I go.

As a reference, Toyota of Orange charged me $250 for my 30k service, and $50 for my 35k service. I started taking it to my trusted mechanic beginning at the 40k service (when I did my ATF drain/refill).

#22 PriusC_Commuter, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I dug up my pdf of Prius C Warranty and Maintenance Guide. I'm somewhat skeptical about the vast list of "inspections", so have culled them, left just the meat-and-potatoes items. This is pretty much what you'll get for your $299:

30K:
    *change engine oil and filter
    *change engine air filter
    *change cabin air filter
    *rotate tires
    35K:
    *rotate tires
    40K:
    *change engine oil and filter
    *rotate tires
    45K:
    *rotate tires

I don't often bother with an exercise like the above, breaking it down, seeing if it's worthwhile, because: if I get an unsolicited offer from someone, I assume it's advantageous to the them, not me.

When I DIY an oil change, the filter, drain plug gasket and 4 liters of Toyota 0W20 is $35.97 (Can). Not sure about the filters, $20~25 each?

Obviously there's more than the cost of parts. Try rotating 4 tires yourself, 3 times, for example. It's a work out, and you need a slab, preferably a garage, safety stands, floor jack, tools. Depends on your situation.

#23 Mendel Leisk, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  4. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I figure when you have paid for "inspections" you have paid for nothing. The long list of "inspections" that a dealer does looks impressive when in fact they mean little or nothing. Nothing to my opinion.