1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyotas are Safe Enough

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by efusco, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i like the article as it does create provocative thoughts. his comments on our inane reactions to perceived threats is spot on. we ALWAYS overreact and if the current media circus is not proof of that, you will never be convinced.

i question his math results although his logic is easy to follow.

2. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Actually, Toyota CAN say that overall it ranks 17th (where the highest is the best) in the number of safety complaints. If you look at this:NPR Vehicle Acceleration Complaints Database : NPR you will see that Toyota has NEVER ranked the highest in vehicle "unintended acceleration" complaints when measured in complaints per 100,000 vehicles. Unintended acceleration is not unique to any vehicle, with or without electronic drive, with or without throttle/brake over ride. In fact, the only thing in common among the affected vehicles is the "loose nut behind the steering wheel".

As the article states quite well, Toyota is plenty safe.

1 person likes this.
  3. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    As I was driving down the street today, my Prius suddenly said to me, "Don't believe any of that crap about me in that crummy, agenda-ridden American media. I know exactly what I'm doing, thank you." Well, that was reassuring.

4. timo27

timo27 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And the shock-trauma helicopters--allegedly state police, ha ha--are painted with a preponderance of black. I think the truth is beginning to seep out. If only we can we work "death panels" in here some way, we're well on our way...

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Obviously, the death panels are the Toyota executives that set this all in motion. :madgrin: