1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toyota's Extended Warranty is a Crock!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by loonyhiker, May 20, 2009.

1. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    As a rule of thumb, ext warranty (even the best one) does not cover "tear and wear" items
    - rubber stuff (tires, tubes, belts, etc.) - but gasket is covered.
    - suspension components
    - battery
    - bulbs (even the dash backlight - but LCD display is covered such as the one commonly used for clock)
    - CAT converter
    etc.

I had ext warranty on my old BMW for 7 yr. As a general rule to expect about 50% cost is covered among all repairs (BMW is buggy).

$0 deductible is possible with certain rules applied. Bumper-to-bumper coverage is near impossible for ext warranty.

2. loonyhiker

loonyhiker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, I confess that I never did get the window fixed. It still made me mad that it was not covered so I guess I did the ol' "cut my nose to spite my face" kind of thing. Then one day a couple of weeks ago I plugged something in the power outlet and blew a fuse. Before I fixed the fuse, just for the fun of it, I tried the switch and the window now works! It has worked every day since then. Now I'm glad I didn't get it fixed. I don't know if when I blew a fuse, it made the power switch work or if it didn't have anything to do with it. But anyway, it now works and I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth! Thanks everyone for your support.