1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tpms fix-a-flat

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rigormortis, Oct 21, 2008.

1. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i don't know which forum to post this, but..

fyi.. shell aka fix a flat now sells a tpms sensor safe formula of thier fix a flat product.

i wonder if they cover the sensors if it still kills them

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the news.

I love fix-a-flat. I'm going to get a can of this and hope it's safe for wheels with tpms as promised.

EDIT: It looks like they reformulated fix-a-flat to be tpms safe (so there aren't two kinds - regular and tpms safe; there's just one fix-a-flat that's now supposedly tpms safe):

http://www.fixaflat.com/products.asp?page=1_0

3. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    by tpms safe, i believe they mean after the product has been removed, the tpms sensors are good as new. you need to remove the product from inside the rim, and blast compressed air in and around the tpms sensor, and it should work okay again.
    article also mentions might need to be reset

the product is water soluble so you just get a damp rag and wipe the rim out

article link
    Western Driver Magazine - Car reviews, automotive events, auto industry news and classifieds in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Understood. I hope a reputable third party eventually tests the stuff out (the linked article was clearly from a company press release). Nonetheless, it sure seems like it should work as promised, and it would be product suicide if it didn't.

I'm definitely getting a can. I've liked fix-a-flat so much that I even have a can of the old, expressly-not-for-tpms formulation in my Prius, to use in emergency situations where I'm willing to ruin the tpms in the damaged tire.