1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TPMS light coming on after being at the dealership

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Bucky926, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Bucky926

Bucky926 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We just got our Prius back from the dealership and the TPMS came on. We filled all the tires to the proper PSI but lights stayed on. Plugged in my OBD sensor and got these 2 codes:
    C2123: Transmitter ID 3 not received
    C2177: Initialization not completed

Normally I'd think I have a faulty sensor in one of the tires that needs to be replaced, but I'm wondering if the dealership might have messed something up. Besides having a headlight assembly replaced, and the car inspected, they also replaced the front brake pads and resurfaced the rotors. They listed these parts as being replaced: front brake pad, shim kit, anti squeal, brown disk, sanding disc, and BG brake.

2. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nothing listed should have had any affect on the TPMS system. Without using a tool to "ping" the sensors (or check TPMS data on the car), my GUESS still would be that a sensor died, and it was just a coincidence that it happened right then.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Mendel Leisk likes this.