1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TPMS light remains always off

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tpranck, Jul 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tpranck

tpranck Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hello everyone! I have different situation as compared to similar cases related to TPMS. TPMS dash light always remains off, reseting does not give any blinking. One tyre sensor is removed. Checked with the dealer and he has confirmed that the error is present on the logs for missing sensor, but somehow is not showing any notification on the main dashboard. I am assuming that the led light can be broken, but still as probability it is very low. Even not sure how to check that easily and if this is really the case. Dealer just confirmed the fact, no further actions proposed. I appreciate for any useful ideas. Maybe someone already had similar issues?

2. fabio

fabio New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    "I appreciate for any useful ideas" - It could be that the LED light can be broken. If that is the case and it were me in your shoes. I would skip trying to fix the light and not mess with the TPMS on the car and go with a third party TPMS, which are really cheap nowadays (I mean if you really care to know about the TPMS).

Here's one

Here's another one

3. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You should be able to tell if the dash light is inoperative - when you first turn the car on it should illuminate all the dash warning lights. If the tire light comes on then you know that it's good.

I remember it taking a while of driving for the system to notice a non-responsive sensor - anywhere from 15 minutes to as much as an hour.
    Maybe you just haven't driven it long enough for it to register the lack of signal?

4. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Leave your foot off the brake and press the Power button once and release. Then while looking to the right side of the dash light section, press the Power button again and release. All the warning lights illuminate, including the TPMS, but the TPMS is only on for a very brief period. So you have to be ready and looking in the right spot to see it before it goes out.

walterm likes this.
  5. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Right, I forgot about that detail.

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Having the warning light malfunction never come on, could be considered winning the lottery, in some US States where an annual inspection requires functioning TPMS.

walterm and Salamander_King like this.
  7. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I was going to ask OP if he forgot to take off the "black tape" someone here suggested to put on with the winter tires. lol

edit: apparently @Mendel Leisk did not advocate this mothod. My bad.

#7 Salamander_King, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Mendel Leisk and walterm like this.
  8. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Brain bubble? Think I've always advocated the opposite: tape will gum things up, and the light is very low key.

Salamander_King likes this.
  9. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Must be! My post edited.

Mendel Leisk likes this.