1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TPMS Light Won’t Turn off

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Michael Crestohl, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Michael Crestohl

Michael Crestohl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have a 2nd Gen Prius. My TPMS light is on. I checked my tire pressure and one tire was low. I added air so the front are 35 PSI and the rear 33 PSI. i pressed the reset button, holding it until the light flashed three times which it did. However the light stays on. I tried this several times. What am I missing here?
    Thanks for the wisdom.

Michael

#1 Michael Crestohl, Sep 4, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  2. ttou68

ttou68 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You may want to have a tire shop scan for your TPMS sensor, one or more of TPMS sensor battery may have been out of commission

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The batteries in the TPMS sensors only last so long. Easiest thing to do is nothing, just monitor tire pressures more often, at least 'till next tire replacement.

Some US states with annual car inspections will fail you for tpms sensor light being on, others don't mind.

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you driven it a couple minutes since airing up the tires? It can sometimes take a bit for the previously alarming sensor to report in again with the new good pressure.

How old are the TPMS sensors? If original, they are already beyond the usual expected battery life, thus needing replacement. If you recently bought this car used, then you likely won't know their age.