1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TPMS of 2013 Prius C

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Johnswd, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Johnswd

Johnswd New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2013 Prius C (the purchase date was Jan 2014) with 20K miles on it. Two days ago after a snow, I noticed my TPMS light was on. Even though it didn't appear the tires have lower pressure, but I will take the car out tomorrow to check and inflate air into it. If it is not due to less air pressure, then I assume it is caused by the mal-functional TPMS sensors. For my car with 20,000 miles and just past 3 yrs life, will this problem be still covered under warranty? Thanks.

2. Sean Nelson

Sean Nelson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Yeah, I saw the TPMS light on my car and I had the same reaction: "What's wrong with the TPMS? Don't tell me I need to have them swapped out because the batteries are dying!?!?"

And then of course I actually checked the tire pressures and found one of my tires was down to only 22psi. Had to have it patched.

And then only two months later, exactly the same thing. This time it was a different tire.

I trust them a lot more now.

You actually have to loose a *lot* of pressure before it becomes visually obvious. It sure wasn't obvious to me at 22psi, which is well over 10psi lower than they're supposed to be.

I recommend you invest in a tire pressure gauge - they're cheap and quite accurate.