1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TPMS Reset on 2015 v Wagon

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by flynz4, Mar 6, 2015.

1. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Maybe I am just as dumb as a bag of rocks today... but I cannot find the reset button for the Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) on my 2015 Prius v Wagon w/ATP.

The screen shot attached shows where the reset button should be. There is one on my 2006 Prius, but for the life of me, I cannot find it on my car.

Does anyone with a 2015 Prius v Wagon actually have a reset button?

/Jim

Attached Files:

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It's just really buried deep underneath the steering wheel. You got to stick your head all the way down there underneath to see it. You (w/ ATP) should also see a Smart Key System on off button next to the TPMS reset button.

Good luck with your yoga exercises to find the button.

3. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I had my head deep under the dash... almost all the way to the pedals.

All I can see so far is the knee airbag that I think is new in the 2015 (but I am not sure about that). Is it hidden behind the knee airbag?

/Jim

4. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just went out to look for myself in my 2012 Prius v w/ ATP. First I found that I could not get my head under the steering wheel until I drove my previous out of the garage and had to room to kneel next to the driver side door. Then my first attempt at the crouching craning button peeper yoga pose failed to view the buttons. Turns out you need to perform the planking crouching craning button peeper yoga pose to view the buttons. They are recessed up underneath the footwell behind the LED light. If you looking level into the driver footwell you will not see the buttons. You need to be planking looking upward to where the brake pedal goes into the firewall.

Bill the Engineer and flynz4 like this.
  5. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you for the help!!! Yoga exercises is the right description. :)

It is way behind the knee airbag system and now faces directly down toward the floorboards. It is about 3/4 of the way back toward the brake pedal. I ultimately used my iPhone camera in "selfie mode" to find the darn thing. It is directly aligned with the arm of the brake pedal about an inch or two forward of where it travels. Knowing where it is in advance will allow use of the braille method of activation... assuming of course that you are under 65 and have sufficient memory capacity.

There is no SKS button in the vicinity. Looking through the owners manual, it now looks like the SKS function is disabled through user setup features in the Entune Premium Audio/Navigation system. Also, it appears that if SKS is not used for 6 days, all of the antennas except for the drivers door are disabled. That will be good to remember the first time I come back from a trip where the first thing I do is attempt to open the trunk to store my luggage... at least until I am 65... at which point I am likely to exceed my memory half-life of such items.

/Jim

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Are you raising tire pressures? That's the main reason for finding the TPMS reset button, to reset the threshold.

7. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have not changed tire pressures yet. I was just trying to find the darn thing in advance of needing it. On my old '06 Prius, it was visible below the steering wheel facing back toward the drivers seat. Now it is tucked deep under the footwell, and points down toward the floorboards. You would never understand that by looking at the diagram in the owners manual.

/Jim

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  8. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Here is what it looks like in the 2012 prius v w/ ATP.
    TPMS reset button (800x480).jpg

I like that Toyota moved TPMS reset button to he Head Unit touch screen. One less button.

Bill the Engineer likes this.
  9. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The SKS button has been moved to the screen... not the TPMS button.

/Jim

10. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Oh yeah, SKS button moved. Still one button less.
    Begs the question, why not move both buttons to the touch screen and save the costs and pass them on to consumer.

11. sean v4

sean v4 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    thank you for posting up the picture chazz88