1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tracking "Bell the Hybrid" nonsense

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Jan 29, 2009.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I'm not surprised. All evidence suggests this will be a stealth bill. Last year, they tried to get public opinion behind it and failed. Every news paper blog was filled with anti-comments and not just from me. It was obviously not popular. Yet it still ended with about 85 co-sponsors when it died.

This time, they are trying to keep a low profile. The lower, the better, to avoid triggering counter responses. So this means improving our tactics.

Any suggestions?

Bob Wilson

2. Mike Dimmick

Mike Dimmick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's been referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce. It seems like an odd choice, but that's what THOMAS says. You would have thought it would go to Transportation, though. Last time it went to the Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection, which is a subcommittee of Energy and Commerce.

With the focus on 'green recovery', this committee has much better things to be doing. There's no sign of this bill on the schedule in the immediate future. Still, your lobbying efforts might be better focused on the members of this committee.

3. Arjin Combs

Arjin Combs New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I suppose one driver activated noise-making device could be the good ol' horn :)