1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traction battery air temp sensor?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tpirsig, Jan 31, 2020.

1. tpirsig

tpirsig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Aloha,

I managed to break off a wire on my HV battery air temp sensor when installing new modules. This is the temp sensor inside the case that sits above the batteries, not one of the three clipped directly to the batteries, and now I have a code P0AAC plus red triangle.

I've been unable to find a replacement locally or online. Anybody have any sources, or workarounds?

Parts yards are scarce here on the Big Island and nobody wants to break open a HV battery case just to pull this.

Sorry if this post is redundant; I searched the forum and didn't find anything specific.

Thanks,

Ted

2004 Prius, 230,000 miles

2. Priuslover09

Priuslover09 Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    1. i think it could be the cooling fan as well.

3. MickyMatter

MickyMatter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Ted,

I don't know, but are you looking for these wires with "N03" in the lower middle of this picture?
    Then Toyota doesn't seem to sell them separately. 823691G.jpg

SM-G950F ?

4. tpirsig

tpirsig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, but it's definitely the sensor -- the wire broke off, and a new code appeared that wasn't there before.

5. tpirsig

tpirsig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, that's what I'm looking for, although a used sensor (only) could be spliced into my existing wires. Good to confirm that Toyota doesn't sell separately, thanks!

MickyMatter likes this.
  6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I wonder why you can get so many of the rest of those parts, and we chat about disassembling/reassembling batteries all the time, and for that one particular bit, they say "it is difficult to keep the function/quality of parts assembled/disassembled". :confused:

7. tpirsig

tpirsig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update: I was able to get ahold of this part by contacting a couple ebay sellers of Prius battery ECUs and asking if they could pull one for me.

Raytheeagle and fotomoto like this.