1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traction battery codes, now wont move

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Sunny Dis(position), Apr 5, 2023.

1. Sunny Dis(position)

Sunny Dis(position) New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Greetings everyone,
    Long term lurker , 2012 Prius V trim 5 , 164,000 miles, we are second owner. Began throwing codes 3 months ago- P0A7F and POA80, bought and installed Dr Prius App( Hooray), reset codes and researched replacement options. Settled on Project Lithium option but delayed just long enough for them to sell out. Awaiting new supply. New 12 AGM starter battery one year ago.
    Thought it was smart to pull cover off traction battery and see level of corrosion on the connections--looks moderate--put back together and now full panel of flashing lights and wont come out of Park or Neutral.
    Now 3 codes P0A7F, P0A80, and P3015P0A0D. Battery monitor shows SOC 0%( maybe I did'nt get the orange fuse disconnect back correctly?) and one battery pack that has been looking suspect all along #5 - 14.21. Most packs are 15.26-15.43
    Did I mess up? Would like to be able to drive to local mechanic who will help me swap the traction battery when I can get one,
    Thanks

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yup, that's what P0A0D means. (Well, it means the safety interlock circuit, which also includes covers on the inverter under the hood, but if nobody fooled with those, it's normally going to be the orange plug.)

4. Sunny Dis(position)

Sunny Dis(position) New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thank you both,
    That #2 push did the trick. Up and moving now

Air_Boss likes this.
  5. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The 12 volt battery does not start the car. The traction battery does that.

6. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I never had that problem... seen way to many videos before I messed with my traction battery