1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traction battery fan

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by yeldogt, Mar 23, 2012.

1. mattd2472

mattd2472 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    had the red triangle of death .. after a few weeks of replacing 1 bad cell in my hybrid I bought online ... the 2nd hybrid I bought for the $200 when tested all CELLS were 7.5 ... swapped it into my prius before work today and it was dead no purple bars on the screen ... and no fan ... but last night when the red triangle came on after driving from NJ to PA ... it came on going down a huge hill I just went up ... reset the aux battery and it went away til this AM ... but the fan only has gone on when driving and the red triangle

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. kyoo

kyoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    noticed something I thought was bizarre with the fan - I heard it come on for the first time since owning the car (3 weeks) but it seemed to rise and lower in sound & operation with the speed of the car - turned off when I'm stopped, and got louder and louder the faster I went - is this normal for the fan's operation? I haven't heard it come on since that day in any noticeable fashion.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    yes, it is six speeds, i believe.
    is it getting warmer where you are? what speeds do you tend to drive? how many miles on her? maybe you should check the fan to make sure it's clean.

#63 bisco, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. mattd2472

mattd2472 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can i hook up a switch like a dimmer switch to turn it on whenever i want?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.