1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traction battery needs replaced and you have a plug in

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by NinnJinn, Jan 26, 2012.

1. NinnJinn

NinnJinn Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am zeroing in on a Gen II prius. And was curious about something.

If you have a PHEV mod done on your Gen II and the traction battery needs replaced after the PHEV is installed, What do you do?

Will Toyota work around your PHEV? Or do you need to remove the extra battery pack before you take it into the dealership?

Auto be yours is close to me that does the PHEV mod and also says they have replacement HV packs but their Website doesn't seem to get updated in detail on what services they provide.

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If the dealer didn't void your warranty on the spot, I would be surprised.

However, AutoBeYours has an exceptional reputation. They sell salvage rebuilds and battery packs.

I encourage you to read up on PHEV mods, particularly if you are wondering about the cost/benefit.

3. dan2l

dan2l 2014 Prius v wagon

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Paul at 3prongpower also does both and has a good reputation. I think he has a shop in Boulder Colorado now.

Thanks,
    Dan

4. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Steve at AutoBeYours is a great guy and knows what he is doing. Drive by his shop and talk to him.

JeffD

5. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    If the warranty in the OEM battery is expired by miles or time you will end up paying a BIG number at any TMC service dealer.
    Being that you are in Indiana, Steve, owner at AutobeYours is your best choice.

1 person likes this.