1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traction battery normal depletion when parked?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Bluegrassman, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Bluegrassman

Bluegrassman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What would be considered "normal" traction battery depletion, say sitting parked for 12 hours with ambient temps around 85F. Starting SOC of 80%? Would dropping a bar or two from shutdown to restart be considered normal?

2. totoro

totoro Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Although I'm no expert, I think it's normal. One day I thought my traction battery had dropped by 4 bars after sitting for a work day. After hearing from others that a drop from 1-2 bars is normal but 4 seems excessive, I started keeping a log of the battery level every time I parked somewhere and when I started the car again. After almost 3 months, there were a handful of times that battery dropped 1 bar, but never anything close to 4 bars. I think I must have been mistaken that one day that I thought the battery had dropped 4 bars - easy enough to do when you're late for work.

Anyway, if it helps, you can see my previous post and replies here:
    hybrid/traction battery loss when car is off? | PriusChat

Bluegrassman likes this.