1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trade in my 2010?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jhaddix, Sep 3, 2009.

1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh god, don't listen to that guy, I know him, he's an idiot.

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    To the original poster,

Let's say you paid ... $23.9k + TTL ... $26.5K OTD for car only (plain III right?) ...

you'll be cured of your desire to trade when you go to the dealer with a few hundred miles on the car, and they won't give you more than $18k trade in value on it.

3. concertinajohnnyboy

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Trade it in! ASAP!

4. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know people who have traded in a car because they had buyer remorse over their color selection. If you have the bucks to burn, I truly say go for it! Back in your mind it will constantly be there that you had the opportunity and you blew it. I don't think you will take a big hit since the car is in high demand.

5. pdxrose

pdxrose New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I can't find what color your III that you are thinking of trading/selling. But if you really don't want it, and the color is not common, try Craig's List. I have a Blue Ribbon Metallic III with no nav and had interest right away when I listed it a full price with 800 miles. I was feeling challenged at the time before my local dealer stepped in and offered to correct something the selling dealer (hundreds of miles away) had done. I pulled the ad before showing it to the interested party and am waiting for my window frame cover replacements to be installed. If they look new (like they should) then I will keep it). There are only 5 to 10% blues depending on region so if you have blue, black, or red you might get near MSRP privately. Of course you loose sales tax paid if sell privately so if a dealer would trade and take it for $1,500 of MSRP, would be about the same. I did not have to pay it since WA had a hybrid holiday that ended last month - only reason I think I could break even. If its just for NAV, I really would reconsider. The garmon nuvi fits well on the windshield (unlike other cars I rent where the slopes are ridiculous). Other options are a different story!

6. dfran1

dfran1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I say life is too short to not have what you want if you can financially do it!

Now on that note, I traded in my 2009 XLE 6k miles (fully loaded) v6 Camry that I purchased last year (I had it 12-13 months) for a White Prius V w/AT. I don’t even drive it that much (I have a work truck for my job).

There are times that I say what did I do, but then when I see/drive the Prius I say it was worth it to me, my wife at first thought I was crazy but even she likes it better than her 2010 Prius IV (base) we purchased 1 1/2 months ago (no she does not want to trade it in, but slightly thought of it, it does exactly what she needs and wanted, I think she likes the back up camera, maybe I will add one for her in the future).

So on that thought I would at least go and talk to some dealers and see what your money options are. If its too much of a money hit on you then just keep it and add an in dash GPS (do a search here, people like them), to replace your radio.

!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck on what you decide!!!!!!!!!!
    Only you can make this kind of decision!
    Don