1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trade in upgrade

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Eureka, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Eureka

Eureka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Recently I've been deluged with offers to trade in my 2012 V for a 2014 with O downpayment, but paying $25 more per month for 60 months (3.9% financing). In other words, I add two more years plus $1500 to get a car with two years of service and two years younger. Any advice?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    duplicate thread.

3. drellicson

drellicson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    IMHO if you are finically able to I think it is a good idea. The Prius v is heading toward Li batteries in the future and a increasingly better thermal efficiency, into the low 40's. If you can keep upgrading every couple of years you will eventually have a highly efficient car with the most advanced and reliable features. The increase in mileage by perhaps 2-3 mph might offset the increase in monthly costs.
    Again this is just my opinion. If you appreciate my response please hit "like".

Eureka likes this.
  4. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What about sales tax and car registration fees? Also these offers are often bait and switch. Your trade-in must be in LIKE- NEW condition to get the offered trade-in price.

5. Eureka

Eureka Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, sales tax and registration fees are included...and my trade-in IS in like new condition...