1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traded my 11' Impreza for 11' Prius leftover

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Brett., Mar 16, 2012.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  2. tonyrenier

tonyrenier I grew up, but it's still red!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I traded a '97 Outback Sport 2.2 for my 2010 Prius III. I'm actually amazed at it's performance in snow, in ECO mode you can get away from a slippery stop light/sign almost as quickly as with the Impreza, better than every front wheel drive I've encountered. With the power delivery being so linear in ECO you're not spinning your wheels like a standard ICE. The biggest drawback to the Prius is ground clearance, in anything over 6" of snow your lower intake becomes a snow plow and you'll be at a stop pretty darned soon.
    Welcome aboard.

3. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I understand the concern with the new skin, especially if it will have to be painted to match your original color. A little while after I got the used '10, I noticed that in some light situations the front bumper was a slightly different shade than the car. I checked and the dealer had painted the front bumper, if just a nick or two, I would rather had it that way rather than on bright sunny day at certain angles, the difference in color is noticeable. Hard to find somebody that can re-do anything and get it right, besides the way yours is, you won't feel so bad when you notice the next little nick. :welcome:

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Brett, if you think you're enjoying the cheeper gas fills at current day prices, think howl much you'll be lovin' the Prius (that's my wife's favorite color, btw) when gas hits $5/gallon.
    ;)

welcome!

5. Skoorbmax

Skoorbmax Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I know you said payments were the same, but I assume that's because you had money into the subaru when you financed it. What sort of a hit did you take? Trading in a new car you must have found its worth to be down by thousands from MSRP, even with only 7k on it.