1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Traded Pip for Dodge Ram 1500 for a week

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by priuskitty, Aug 3, 2013.

1. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, ok calm down fellow Pip'ers. It's just for a week. My son and his wife wanted to save some gas driving down to Dallas Texas from Ypsilanti Michigan. Arienne Zimmerman's trip to dallas..JPG

2. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    my EV driving ratio is going to take a hit tho:(

3. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :cry:

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ahh, dallas in august... hope they're going to wet n wild!:p

5. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Bisco,
    Are you on your way also? :whistle:

6. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    priuskitty, you may find yourself letting off the gas way ahead of stops, trying to regen.:p I caught myself doing that with my Lexus the other night; first time out of the garage with it in about two months. OTOH, that driving style might actually squeeze out a few tenths of a mile per gallon in an ICE-powered car. ;) While your driving that monster, maybe you'll get the urge to terrorize an occasional Prius by tail gaiting. :rolleyes:

7. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    lol, rogerv you kill me! My son said he would give me a full tank of gas, it was almost at a half a tank:whistle:. got home and now it's at a quarter tank. :cry:. So going 2.7 miles to work three times this week and one trip to sam's club 3.0 miles and trip to dentist 1 mile. will a quarter tank last till next Sunday?:sick:

8. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I miss my PIP:( :cry: :notworthy: :sick:

9. SLOW_RR

SLOW_RR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, lets see at 26 gals, the Ram 1500 at 1/4 tank should have 6.5 gal. left. It gets 14 mpg around town going downhill with a good breeze behind it. So you should drive about 12.1 miles this week? Hmmmmmm..... Yep you should be alright and have about 78.9 miles left before you have to get out and push! Of course you will have used about 4 times as much gas as you would have in the PiP if you had no EV to use. Or a whole huge amount more gas if you were using the car with EV and not using the ICE at all.... Your son owes you big time even though he is footing the bill for the dead dinosaur crud. :rolleyes:

I had to drive Mendon, NY today to pick up my iMac that had a bad video card replaced. The round trip from my house was 48.9 miles. I started with a full charge (12.4) in it. Took the back roads which I found is actually shorter and quicker than using the NYS Thruway and so was able to do some serious hypermiling. Saved the EV for when I was driving in towns at 30 to 40 mph and did the Pulse and Glide thing on all the back roads. Going into Victor I have to climb a steep hill then turn right and come down into the village. Starts at 55 mph at the top and slows to 30 mph when you get to the bottom. I was able to stack an additional 1.8 miles of EV coming down the hill. By the time I got to the store I still had 6 miles of EV left for the trip home. When I shut down I had gotten 80 mpg on the trip over. Reversing the drive I got back to Geneva with about 1.7 miles of EV left, so I ran an errand I still needed to do in town. Climbing up the hill back to my house I was on 0 miles of EV and crawling in Golf Cart mode, but got home without the ICE firing. Return trip was 92 mpg!!! :D :D :D

rogerv likes this.
  10. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    oops.......round trip it's 24.2 miles.:eek: