1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

trading in my gas guzzling ML 350 Benz....

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by gbot, May 27, 2008.

1. gbot

gbot New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yesterday I put down a deposit for a new Black Prius with option package 6. I'm psyched because I feel like I'm part of the future of where car manufacturing is going, I'll be dropping less cash into big oils pocket and at the same time not hurting the environment as much as I would be if I were to continue to drive my SUV. However, I'm upset that I had to trade in my Benz, it had the best handling and smooth drive of any automobile I have ever owned. When I test drove the Prius, that was the one thing that bothered me, was how loose the steering wheel felt and how bumpy the suspension felt. I hope I get used to it, But I do know for a fact that I'll love not haveing to drop $130+ a week into the tank.

Now I just have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for my Prius to arrive. Has anyone else ordered a prius, been told this, and get their Prius earlier....or later?

2. iLLa Prius

iLLa Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    if you dont like the way your car handles, you can always do suspension mods. changing the tires will also make a huge dif. i was reading about a suspension mod the other day.

3. hiremichaelreid

hiremichaelreid New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Some have, if they are flexible with package and color. I've heard the more expensive packages are more available. If you are on a list, the sales guys may just call through the list to see who will pay first for whatever they have available.

Supply is easier here in Canada, but price is higher too. I was told 12 days but it's now turning into 21 days, assuming I get it on Thursday which seems possible now.

I'm "moving down" from a 320 HP AWD/AWS 4000lb car with 245/45ZR17 tires and I'm looking forward to it. Quality, fun and comfort have many forms.