1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transaxle disengaged hybrid system not working,

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jhonathan, May 11, 2016.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks for the update.

2. Jhonathan

Jhonathan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I fixed the mechanical aspect of the car, I don't see any damage to the tranny, removed the axle everything looks good, drained the tranny oil no pieces or anything. Battery was pretty dead so I took it to oriellys they charged it up within 1 hr which sounds weird to me since the battery reads 10hrs on trickle charge on the label... drove it to the alignment shop.. got the car aligned.. Mean while im driving I got no codes... drove to the body shop to try and get the rest repaired... got an estimate... on the way from the body shop home Red exclamation mark came on. Ran the Mini VCI this is what I got.

Attached Files:

3. Jhonathan

Jhonathan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I should also mention that when I the prius was at Caliber Collision in Santa Monica, CA off Colorado BLVD. I picked up the car with missing rear door hinges...? why is this of matter? well they thought the car was going to the insurance auction. So I'm assuming they played take the parts of my car game... I called them up for the missing door hinges and they never got back to me... I'm hoping they didn't decide to swap out other parts battery etc... car was fine except the front damage before going in. Car has 127k miles

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you took it for body repair estimate, and they removed parts from your car?

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If I understand your timeline, you found the 12 V pretty flat and had it quick charged then it went into the panel shop for repairs.

If this is correct, then the chances are the battery has been run flat (or pretty close to it) again while in the shop. The problem is, these aux batteries are not very tolerant of being deep cycled and unless they are charged back up to full pretty quickly they suffer irreparable damage.

I'd be thinking about replacing the aux battery, unless proper testing shows otherwise.

Of the codes on your TS printout, the P3000 & P0A80 indicate problems in the HV department. Let's hope the panel shop did not pull a swifty on you. The others could be from a shonky 12 V aux battery. After charging/replacing the 12 V aux battery, you could clear all the codes and see what ones come back.

6. Jhonathan

Jhonathan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes correct, I will go ahead and replace the battery tomorrow with a new one. On Motorcycles if you run them down its nothing but issues after that. I'm hoping its just the aux battery. I hate shady shops. Caliber collision is such a big franchise i didnt think they would pull things like that. I assume the worst since they removed my rear door hinge when clearly the damage is in the front. Its been 2 weeks and I havn't heard back from them to tell me they found my hinge. BBB it is. My trip to Portland, Oregon is coming up soon lol... im hoping to have all the bugs out by then.