1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transcript of the final moments of Flight 93....

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ Apr 28 2006, 02:02 PM) [snapback]246747[/snapback]</div>
    for chrissakes, at LEAST mix up the routine a bit... :rolleyes:

:D

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Th NY Times reviewed "UNited 93" today. I think the critic shares my feelings about whether or not this film should have been made:

"But that narrow focus, along with the lack of fully realized characters, and the absence of any historical or political context, raises the question of why, notwithstanding the usual (if shaky) commercial imperative, this particular movie was made. To jolt us out of complacency? Remind us of those who died? Unite us, as even the film's title seems to urge? Entertain us?

To be honest, I haven't a clue. I didn't need a studio movie to remind me of the humanity of the thousands who were murdered that day or the thousands who have died in the wars waged in their name. That's one reason why the arguments about whether it's too soon for a film about the attack rings hollow and seriously off the point. "

http://movies2.nytimes.com/2006/04/28/movies/28unit.html

3. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

I don't want to make light of any situation, but after the freaking long time that the "news" was reported on the 9/11 happenings.... I was sick of it. It wasn't news at 48 hours old, nothing new was coming, yet 24/7 they were clogging the air waves with TRASH.

want news? help people find their families and loved ones

want news? stop replaying the same 30 second clip of the planes slamming into the towers, let people HEAL. Stop picking the gaping wound. But no, I'm jaded, and in general I will always hate the news crews that are out there-- There was a fatal fire truck accident less than two miles from my home, being curious we went down to see what was going on... when it was clear what happened the news media had decided that they were done for the night they were packing up their xlr cables and cameras/mics/lights... and talking amongst themselves... and they had absolutely NO FEELINGS for what happened out there. Someone shouted to them about what a tradgey it was and they had nothing but a couple of rude responses.

I made up my mind that the tradgey of the entire event wouldn't hit home until I was there and able to see it for myself. I lost two friends, and almost a third who wittnessed the entire thing from her office building.

I was in newyork last march actually and made the trip to go see the site. It wasn't til you actually get there that you realize the actual devastation that happened that day.

all thats left is a gaping hole, grafitti and some construction equipment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't believe they allowed this film to be made. In a way I want to know if they did honor the people that were on the planes/towers that fateful morning, and hope that the film industry isn't out to make a quick $ by putting out a movie like this.