1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transferring iPhone 7 contacts to Prius Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by hybridsrules, Sep 6, 2017.

1. hybridsrules

hybridsrules Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I had to delete and repair my iPhone 7 using iOS 10 to my new Prius Prime and I cannot get the contacts to transfer over via bluetooth. I am almost positive that this was done when I first brought the car home and I cannot for the life of me figure out why is going on and why I can't do it. I've searched online via Toyota and Apple and no one seems to have anything posted as far as how to do this. Other people seem to have a "Sync Contacts" button in their bluetooth settings when you click on the (i) next to the name of the phone. I only have an option for "Show Notifications". Is it even possible? The car is connected to the Prime via Bluetooth. These are some pictures to show you where I am and hopefully someone has an easy solution that I am missing. Thanks in advance for your help. In the picture where it says "Transferring Contacts", I notice that the bluetooth disconnects. Not sure why if that is an issue. it also says "Please Operate your phone". I don't know what they want me to do. "Automatic Transfer" is On. IMG_1102.JPG .

Attached Files:

2. RobertZ

RobertZ Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have the same problem. Did you ever figure out?

3. fphinney

fphinney Member

I now have a 2020 Prius Prime. (I had a 2006 Prius before,) I had almost the same problem recently. I actually did a COMPLETE installation on day one. Everything went SMOOTHLY. Then I discovered I should have updated my contacts list before I started that installation! Further investigation suggested that I now delete my phone - update - then re-install. Now - - the big stepping stone seemed to be - when the process stated "PLEASE OPERATE YOUR PHONE." Phone was actually on - but we could not find an option that said "OPERATE"... Contacts just wouldn't load.
    So I went to my dealer - and the technicians there tried twice to do a complete BlueTooth re-installation/contacts. They were ultimately successful - but only after multiple tries. When the process finally succeeded, we were not sure what made it happen?
    Go figure...
    My next question NOW - is HOW DO I EDIT/DELETE CONTACTS? My "NAVIGATION SYSTEM OWNER'S MANUAL" says i can choose to EDIT or DELETE contacts - but those options do not appear where the manual says they should??!!
    FRANK