1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transmission Drain and Fill

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bonanzoo, May 30, 2019.

1. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

Erm... there's no belt. There's no torque converter either. While we're at it there aren't any clutches, bands or brakes.

I think it's good to change transmission fluid in these... just nowhere near as necessary as with any traditional automatic.

[​IMG]

2. Sky_Velleity

Sky_Velleity New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    There's no torque converter in any of the Toyota Hybrid Transaxles that I know of. There's simply no need, MG1 replaces the need for them.
    In all models other than the Aqua/Prius C, the fluid runs through the coolant system, so if you wanna be lazy you can just unplug one end, point it into a bucket, and fill it up using the other, for a total flush. Still, just letting it drain and refilling will get nearly everything in it out.
    Additionally, I don't think I've seen a single belt in any of the Aqua's I've torn apart so far, let alone in the transmission.

3. Sonic_TH

Sonic_TH Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    The transaxle fluid runs through the coolant system? i did not knew that the Prius C had that. Are you sure about that?