1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transmission fluid change?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jsorger, Mar 7, 2005.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bwilson4web @ Feb 5 2007, 12:31 PM) [snapback]385552[/snapback]</div>
    The OSTI website doesn't have a static page. The report number is ORNL/TM-2004/247.

Figure 2.6 is located on pdf page 19, or document page 11. There are some very good photos and technical drawings of the Prius HSD.

I'll upload the 2004 Prius Interim Report

Attached Files:

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayman @ Feb 5 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]385776[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks!

I did have the report but missed the vent plug before. However, I notice several folks have downloaded fresh copies. There is merit in re-reading reports. For example, the back-EMF is important for figuring out how much at risk over-spinning MG1 puts the inverter.

More about this later.

Bob Wilson

3. mmoallem

mmoallem Junior Member

Changed my ATF WS fluid today. Placed two jack stands to lift the front, and could see the drain/fill plugs right away.

Drain plug removal needs a 10mm hex (was fairly tight to open).
    Filler plug removal needs a 24mm socket (easier to open).

After fluid removal into a large pan, I cleaned the drain plug magnet which had collected very fine metal shavings. I used new aluminum washers (both same size) screwing each plug back.

Refill was easy, I used a funnel with a 3-foot tube attached, ATF WS was poured from top. As soon as the last 50ml of last quart was filled
    some fluid came out of the fill hole.