1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Transmission gurus, I have a leak

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by esevans, Dec 20, 2011.

1. esevans

esevans Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Bought a salvage Prius a couple weeks ago. Driver ran over/into something. After the car was in the garage in the air, I noticed that whatever they hit also caught the very edge of the transmission. It appears to be leaking at the very bottom of the cover on the driver's side. Question: looking thru the TIS and online searches, I havent found anything about removing that cover. Has anyone ever had it off? I don't want to fool with it w/o a little guidance, ie. don't want to remove the cover only to have a million parts fall out w/o a clue as to where they go.

Would normally worry about it later, it's a small leak, but I already have a bunch of stuff out of the way (have dropped the subframe to have repaired after not being able to install new control arm due to subrame being dented where the arm bolts in)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suggest you identify the model year of the Prius in question and post some sharp photos of the cover that has the leak.