1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trash Container?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BrettDanKen, Oct 19, 2005.

1. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Yeah, I ordered that too, I wonder how fast they ship. I just ordered it on Monday

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i do not know... a REAL Prius owner would use an EV bucket!!

3. BrettDanKen

BrettDanKen Junior Member

Here's a photo, guess I shouldn't have called it a "bucket", wish it had been gray........ Tried to include a photo but not computer literate enough. It's a square plastic biege container, about 8" square and 8" deep. Maid told me they just throw them away. Been using it to store screws, nuts, etc in it on my workbench for years.

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

where is the photo?

5. Paul Gregory

Paul Gregory Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I planned to mount something like an ice bucket in my 2024 Prius Prime, but it would have been awkward for the front passenger, mounted on the passenger side of the center console. I found a plastic bin that is approximately 12" long, 3" wide and about 10" deep. I was trying to come up with some sort of non-destructive way to mount it, but all the adhesive strips and Velcro I tried all failed to stick, even after cleaning with alcohol. I then thought to attach some clips that would tuck under the trim panel to anchor the bin. But before that happened, I had a much better idea. Two binder clips with a foot of elastic cord tied between them. The binder clips clip onto the lower lip of the plastic trim, and the elastic holds the bin in place. This also makes it easily removable, and it also holds a trash bag in place. Exceeded my own expectations.[​IMG]

#25 Paul Gregory, Feb 3, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  6. Paul Gregory

Paul Gregory Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    These pics were intended for the original post:

Attached Files: