1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tray for Armrest Console

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Simsonic, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Simsonic

Simsonic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My new Prius has a center console (armrest) that is just a big black hole. I plug my iphone into the USB but there is no organization tray or anything like that. I can't find anything on here or eBay or Toyota that sells anything. I would love to add an aftermarket or OEM tray to organize my iPhone, wallet, etc. Any advice?

2. jnadke

jnadke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Doesn't the 2013 have the flip-tray like the 2010 has?

You see the cut-out where the cord goes. I believe that flip-tray is designed for tech gadgets (phone, etc).

3. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I went thru the same thing.
    I got a Console Pocket Tray from Toyota- Part#58825-47020. Costs about $26, it works but not as nice as the tray on the Gen II, which came with car. (It should fit the 2013)

4. Simsonic

Simsonic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III

Wow. My 2013 is one big empty space without any type of organization system or tray. I also just found this board:

Stationary Tray for 2012 Console Box and My first Fill UP! | Page 2 | PriusChat

It looks like I might have to call my dealer to see if they can get me one...

5. Simsonic

Simsonic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thank you! I will order one if they don't give me one for free.

6. mjones12

mjones12 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2012 doesn't have the tray, either.

7. jnadke

jnadke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As far as iPhone goes... if you have a thin case on it, you can get one of these:

It'd be great on the large empty space on "the floating island" to the lower-right of the shifter. There's thin steel "button" that you attach to your phone (or.... to a thin case). Then it holds your phone via powerful magnet (no harm to the phone).

8. Daryl K

Daryl K Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've been trying for months to find a CD (in the jewel case) organizer/rack/tray that plugs into that space in my 2012, to no avail. I hate CD wallets and prefer to move mine in and out of the car in their cases, but they slide around and make all kinds of noise in that "big empty space." I've gotten desperate enough that I've considered buying a home rack and cutting it down, but hard to find those anymore these days also!

Anyone seen such a thing anywhere?

9. Simsonic

Simsonic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I called Toyota of El Cajon here in Cal and my sales guy said that the 2013's do not come with the tray, but he'd get one for me. So I drove down there and he gave me this. I attached the before and after photo of the standard Prius Tray: it's officially called the POCKET, CONSOLE BOX Part Number:58825-47020.

I am glad I have a really cool sales guy - Arbie - who saved me $25.

Now, I did notice that there are two rails going up and down that look like they could fit a divider to make the console split into two. Does anyone else have one of those dividers or know about one?

Attached Files:

10. jnadke

jnadke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There's a company, Sigma Automotive, that imports Japanese parts.

There's an insert for the cupholder in Japan that adds a separate "storage box" to that armrest storage compartment.
    Toyota Prius 2010+ (ZVW30) Interior Accessories :: Sigma Automotive

[​IMG]

It's very expensive.

11. Simsonic

Simsonic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wow..you aren't kidding...that is $125. I was hoping there would be a divider or organizer for inside the console, but this adds a drink holder and a pen/pad insert, which is cool, but it wastes so much space. I'll keep looking and post something if I find it.

12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow, cool is an understatement!