1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TRD Exhaust

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by priusCpilot, Jan 11, 2023.

1. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I bought the TRD exhaust and yet to install it. Bought it in Japan it was new second hand. Prices have come down a lot and the Yen a bit weaker. After almost 11 years of ownership, wanted to add some decorations. Wooo wooooooooooo

I'm in the 9s on my 0-60 passes. 9.9s on the scan gauge with my current mods. Still getting high 50s MPGs on my tanks. Can I run 9.8 pass with this exhaust!

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    So it's normal to get a performance boost out of a larger or less restrictive exhaust on an Otto-cycle engine.

With an Atkinson cycle (any Prius) about the best you can hope for is that the new one weighs less, sounds and looks better.

There's always the soundracer...

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yes unfortunately performance increase would be a surprise if any but defiantly possible. It is stainless and has dual tips which looks nice. Sound is only a little more from the videos I saw. The Injen intake took off .3 seconds or was it .4 on my scan gauge. Same road and same day testing. TRD calls this high response exhaust. For weight it has lightened my wallet a bit. I weight both and see on my bathroom scale :) if it has gone down.

4. Roqu3

Roqu3 Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    pics please, also of the injen intake :)