1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TRD Sportivo shocks and springs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Presto, May 26, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow... enjoy the weather! and the ride of course.

2. Scott_W

Scott_W New Member

Presto, $999? It seems to me that your business model is all wrong. The items that you are going with are expensive and not purchased by many (if any) other people. You purchase these items and then report on them here. Toyota and its parts suppliers should be giving you these items for free so you can install, evaluate and report on them here. When you think about it your actually providing a value added marketing service to Toyota and its parts suppliers and if they are smart they should be more than happy to compensate you. Just my opinion.

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Business model? I didn't realize my car was here to make me money. It's usually the pit that I toss my money into ;) I got discounts on the parts I purchased from Carson so I'm satisfied. They still need to make some money. The market for Prius performance, I would imagine, is fairly limited. I don't think that giving parts away would be good business for them unless it was a bigger market, like something new for a Honda Civic. Rest assured, at least I'm not paying retail for this! You do have to pay to play, though. :D

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ May 26 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]261545[/snapback]</div>
    Wait a minute! The "Sans" pic is the other side of your car! It's flipped, unless you moved the rear wiper to the other side...

5. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good catch.

6. electricity_guzzler

electricity_guzzler New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Jun 7 2006, 02:39 AM) [snapback]267125[/snapback]</div>
    it's the UK version of the car. no steering wheel on the left side.

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(electricity_guzzler @ Jun 7 2006, 07:44 AM) [snapback]267214[/snapback]</div>

The license plates on the rear are clearly US or North American. EU plates are much wider and thinner. The image was flipped.

8. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott_W @ Jun 6 2006, 07:02 AM) [snapback]266566[/snapback]</div>
    Unfortunately, unless you are a member of the press, or have a REALLY HUGE site, freebies aren't a reality.

I've run VFAQ.com for 10 years, and I've never gotten a freebie, even when the popularity of the site was at its' peak and one of the most hit sites for DSM owners.

Not that I'd MIND if I'd get Prius freebies for testing at VFAQ.net, mind you ;-)

9. Presto

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Jun 6 2006, 11:39 PM) [snapback]267125[/snapback]</div>

Haha yah.. I couldn't find a pic of my car facing the other way so i just did a horizontal flip of the sans Sportivo one to match an old original shot form when I first got the Prius

10. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks good, Daniel. Great to see that there are some who are interested in modding the Prius ( sorry if I left anybody else out ). When you change tires,are you going with different wheels or sticking with the stock rims? Anything else in mind for upgrades? Glad you are enjoying the new found handling, B) .

11. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five

12. Presto

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I decided to get down on my knees to check out the ride height. It would seem that the back is the same height, if not higher, than the front. I think what was throwing me off was the increased space of the front wheel well vs the rear wheel well. Here's a bad, recent pic.

I'm going to stay with the stock rims since I like them and don't want to spend money on new ones. I haven't decided which tires to go with, yet. I'm looking for something durable and all-season. The front suspension braces should be arriving any day now. They should improve steering response some more. I'll install one. Test. Then add the other on.

13. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Mine arrives tomorrow!!!

14. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Jun 7 2006, 02:39 AM) [snapback]267125[/snapback]</div>
    And stopped putting gas in it. No gas hatch.

15. bobdavisnpf

bobdavisnpf Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whitestar @ Jun 22 2006, 01:44 PM) [snapback]275430[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe that's the real reason the "sans" pic looks a little higher... the rear wiper-blade assembly is weighing down the other side of the car! :p

Thanks for the great report on the TRD setup's effects. It's encouraging to hear it can keep the car level with the extra rear-end weight.

Do you carry a spare and jack? You could switch to run-flat's and unload a few pounds... or would that just be making room for a sub+amp upgrade? B)

I must admit though Daniel, you surprise me, going all Sportivo on your Pri and then not doing, like, 17" wheels with 225/45 tires...

16. mo04prius

mo04prius New Member

75 Pounds of weigh, for stereo equipment and curious, about
    the transfer of weigh to those tires along with any other gear
    or people including total GVRW ?

17. Presto

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    BOB: I am still carrying around the jack and spare. It's still fairly accessible as I've made the amp-rack pretty easy to remove and replace. I decided not to go to 17" due to the increased cost of getting new wheels and low-profile tires.

TheCleanToy: There is definitely some sacrifice in handling with all the stereo equipment in the back, but it still corners like a champ. With the addition of passengers, you can tell that the weight is there, but the suspension handles the load nicely, and I can still take corners quickly.

When I go on my 'fun runs', I like to run with an empty tank (Less than 15% remaining fuel). The less weight, the better. I'd like to be able to remove my sub box, but there's not really a place to put it when I'm 3 hours from home.

18. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hey Presto! I just got mine and installed it...

Its all like you said comfortable but effective. a little lower would look nice but... hey it works :D

Thanks...

19. Presto

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ^^^

The suspension will settle down a bit over the next little while. There isn't much fender gap with my Prius, anymore. I really like the way it looks. I wouldn't want it any lower than it is since you'll be into speed bump scraping territory.

20. JaviNOS

JaviNOS Mod Freak

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Jul 20 2007, 10:42 AM) [snapback]482200[/snapback]</div>

yeah speed bumps... specially here in PR... they are like everywhere...

but i'm liking it more and more each day I use it. :)

thanks

I had a question about your toms brace... the one that replaced the BT plate... did it interfere with your stock exhaust piping?