1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TRD Sportivo Shocks - how to get?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ilovecow, Aug 20, 2018.

1. ilovecow

ilovecow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone know how to import/purchase a set of TRD Sportivo shocks? Part # MS260-47003. I've been trying to purchase them to Rakuten or whatever auction sites I can find in Japan, but apparently there's some kind of law that prohibits compressed gas items (such as shocks) to be imported to the U.S. from Japan.

I have the entire Performance PLUS package (springs, sway bar, wheels, body kit) installed on my car, along with a Cusco strut tower bar and center brace. The car definitely handles much better, however, I find with the stock shocks there is still too much play and I fear with the newly found aggressive driving I've worn out the OEM shocks.

I would love to be able to install the TRD shocks but I can't seem to find them anywhere. If anyone knows how to get a set, please help and let me know. Alternatively, if there are suggestions on other replacement shocks, please let me know as well. I'm not looking to get crazy stiff shocks, but need something better than OEM.

Thanks!

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like you need a friend in Japan willing to risk shipping to you personally... Most common friends I've had in Japan travel over there as English teachers. Tons of them do it... Probably someone near where you live is currently doing that...

3. James Powers

James Powers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I dont have the hook up from Japan but you might be able to reach out to Hybrid Pit and see if they can help. When I got my Prius, I installed the H&R springs along with the KYB EXCEL-G Shocks. They do well with the slight lowering and are comfortable for my long commute.

RMB likes this.
  4. ilovecow

ilovecow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here's another thought: anyone know if I can install struts/shocks from a Lexus CT200h F Sport? I think I've read threads somewhere, but I don't think I've ever seen anything definitive.

5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Shocks are pretty specific, or at least the mounting plate angle.... It'd be great to know other vehicles that have exact same shape, because there's not alot of options for Prius.