1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Treasury's Income Mobility Report Blows Away 'Mediocre Bush Economy' and Other Myths

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by amped, Nov 20, 2007.

1. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What's the dollar worth now? What was it worth in 2000?

Upwardly mobile. Am I making more? Yes. I've been getting a cost of living increase. Unfortunately the increase hasn't kept pace with the increases in cost of living or inflation. So I'm making less than I was.

So much for "exposing and combating liberal media bias". I look forward to a similar Op Ed piece from a NON neocon blog. Or even a legitimate news source. If there aren't any, then I guess we should give this piece all of the consideration it deserves.

3. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Nov 20 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]542203[/snapback]</div>
    How about the Wall Street Journal?

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/fe...ml?id=110010855

Or better yet, read the report yourself and decide.

BTW, if you're really dissatisfied with your income, why stay at that job? Millions of migrants are waiting to enter here (well, some aren't) to better themselves.

About the $, I've friends in the export business who are enjoying all-time record sales and profits. So often I hear complaints about the "trade imbalance", yet here we are in a time of opportunity and some choose to ignore it. Anyway, don't count the $ out, take advantage of it now. I just sold my last Prius to a happy buyer in Canada who got a deal while I did OK, too.