1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Triangle warning appear during driving

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Vanne, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Vanne

Vanne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all my friends

I have a problem on my prius 2004 during driving . It show me the triangle red indicator and I just parking and disconnect 12v battery to reset everything while I'm on the way and no garage at all. After I reset the 12v battery it work normal as now is 2 day already can someone tell me what happen

2. jadziasman

jadziasman Prius owner emeritus

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The red triangle warning lamp will probably come back again soon. Something is malfunctioning albeit intermittently so you need to get the DTC codes the next time the warning occurs. You erased the codes when you disconnected the 12V.

valde3 likes this.
  3. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    4 years later and still no mini VCI w/ Hacked Techstream for you? Geez.

You should be able to buy one where you are. If not, have family/friends in the US, mail you one.

Maybe the inverter pump has gone bad?
    Maybe the temperature sensors in the HV Battery case is reporting overheating (maybe a clogged fan, maybe a failing module, etc).
    Maybe low engine oil level?
    Maybe something else?

Do yourself a favor and get mini VCI w/ Techstream. Should you buy another Toyota/Daihatsu/Lexus/Scion (all Toyotas under a different badge), Techstream will be able to read ALL codes for any of the Toyota family. A late model (meaning recent) Toyota would require the most recent version of Techstream software.

Get the codes read. Check the engine oil level on a regular basis as well.