1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trollbait got a truck

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Trollbait, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well, Subaru calls it a truck for CAFE purposes.

The Camry was approaching 80k miles. Originally, the pre-COVID plan was to look for a used BEV, and hold on the Camry for trips. In time, the Camry would then be replaced with something better suited for hauling stuff and could tow. Well, the market being what it is, I scrapped that.

I had thought I would just be driving the Camry for a bit longer. Between the Carmy's currently higher than normal value and increasing gas prices, maybe replacing it as planned now, could work out.

Through a car sales sight linked to my credit union, I found a 2022 Outback Touring with 4400 miles listed for just under $37k. When the dealer didn't respond to an email, I assume it had already sold. Decided to call, just in case, on Friday evening, and it was still there.

So I ended up getting a nearly new Outback almost 2 weeks ago. Still going through manuals. The "Getting Started" one is nice with glossy pages, color photos, and not smaller than average text, but with the full owner's, Starlink, Eyesight, etc. the stack is thicker than the Bible.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    We absolutely loved our 2015 Outback. 4 yrs and 125k miles w/o ever seeing the inside of a shop. DIY tire rotations, oil changes (easiest of any vehicle I’ve had) and changed out the plugs and belt @ 100k. If they would have had a decent plug-in back then, we would have stayed with them.

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sibling ordered a particular Outback in September. Still waiting. The most recent delivery update I heard was for this week, but I still haven't heard anything new.

Salamander_King likes this.
  5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations! I recently departed the 6-star fold after close to two decades of great driving. I still like their cars, just a bit cool on current models and I came to the realization that I just don't need AWD, at least for now.

cars101.com is an excellent resource for Subaru data in general. Subaruoutback.org is a vibrant board with good help too.

Congrats and enjoy!!

fuzzy1 and Trollbait like this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats tb! daughter loves her impreza

7. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    This one ended up back at the dealer because a particular color combination wanted by the owner became available.

8. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought all my Subarus (well, both of them) from Joe, and used this website of his for reference for quite a long time. When every other sales critter I ever bought from was gone in under a year -- usually for good reason -- it was great to find a generally no-nonsense sales person with a loyal enough following to stay on for more than 20 years.

Unfortunately, he seems to be at or very near retirement, and hasn't been keeping these pages up to date. The car models are several years behind, and his office schedule hasn't been updated in over a year. I should go stop by and see if he is still working.

Updated, it has now arrived in port.