1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trouble deciding prime or awd-e

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by cyclicollective, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I was hoping I did not have to buy a new set of wheels. Just made an offer on used OEM 18 inch wheels on eBay. If I get them, I will need a set of 235/65R18 winter tires.

#41 Salamander_King, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  2. cyclicollective

cyclicollective New Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for all the info. I had nokian tires on my old Subaru and it was amazing in the snow. I am sure the Prius won’t be quite the same, but if I could at least get out to the regularly plowed roads with it that would be adequate.

3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Biggest thing I learned: The Prius has phenomenal traction control for starting out on slippery surfaces. But it isn’t perfect: If you put the pedal down halfway and simply wait for the computer to figure it out, you will be rewarded with safe and steady acceleration once the system gets it all dialed in.

If you floor it, the system will freak out, lurch, give up and loop back on itself over and over again.

(we put snow tires on Nov-March, much as we did with our Outback before)

Robert Holt likes this.
  4. PrPr

PrPr New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just bought a 2019 prime advanced today. This is my second prius. After my second gen pruis, I went to hybrid rav4 and now coming back to prime. And realizing I've forgotten a lot of things on prius which will take me while to relearn, looks like. :) The first drive impression is so far so good, really like fast acceleration on freeway and giant screen. Except a minor thing is a little glare on the screen. Not sure how to reduce that. But really like and amazed by all the tech stuff on it like HUD on window etc. Not sure how it will do on snow which I will probably avoid driving on and pray it doesn't snow a lot this year! :)

SM-N960U1 ?

5. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on the amazing new ride. I love mine, but that glare was awful. I tried two different anti-glare screen protectors. One didn't help, but it made the screen harder to read. The other did help with the glare, but made it almost impossible to read. What's worked best for me is the screen type window shades, one in each back seat window. So far, so good. I grabbed a pair at my local Toyota dealer for $8 that look much like these I saw at Amazon.

There are also custom fit ones, but the cheap pair I got seem to do the job.