1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trouble going uphill + codes (2007 -168k)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Logdog, Feb 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Logdog

Logdog New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    (codes from autozone)

Hello all, newb here. Just bought this car used from a couple who had all the maintenance properly done. They gave up when it got the triangle and towed it directly to the dealership where I picked it up and drove 6 miles home no problem. Dealership told them it needed a new hybrid battery, just wanted to confirm that with you all here.

Next day, I was driving slightly uphill in a tunnel from Hampton to Norfolk VA if anyone knows the area, and my battery seemed to die and the engine kicked in loudly. When I leveled out, I regained a little speed and I think the battery started working a little bit. Then it started to give out again a few miles down the road. I unplugged the wires from the 12v for about a minute and this solved the problem temporarily with me being able to drive home normally in city conditions. Driving in the city seems to be fine and the battery goes full green like the picture, but uphill or long distances seem to drain it after roughly 15 miles.

I should also mention that the gas gauge drops quickly despite actually having gas in the tank. Resetting the gauge fixes it temporarily.

Thanks everyone in advance, this seems like a nice community.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The dealership said this car needed a new battery, or at the very least, the weak blocks replaced.

3. Logdog

Logdog New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This will fix the battery dying uphill correct? Thank you.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If your car is throwing code P0A80, you will have battery issues, going uphill or not going uphill would be the same. Just worse when the power demand is needed

5. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You need to provide us some more information.

Get the diagnostic codes.

If they said it needs a hybihy battery, it likely means that it needs a hybrid battery.

A NEW battery will likely cost $3,000 or so.
    Since you knew it needed a new battery, hopefully you got a good deal.

You should be able to get a NEW battery installed via the Toyota dealership, or any hybrid mechanic.

6. Logdog

Logdog New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    .Gotcha. Found a place that does remanufactured batteries installed for $700 with 3 month warranty, unlimited miles, $800 for 6 months, and $1000 for a year. I'll probably go with that. Have any opinion on those types of services?

Also, I got the car for $500. More of a cheap project for me. It's immaculate other than the battery. Has had tune ups, service checks, and oil changes on schedule. Got brakes done 3k ago according to toyotas records.

7. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those batteries ill likely fail.
    And in the meantime you may have an unreliable car.

Keep fussing with it $700 at a time until it isn't fun any more.

You could install a NEW battery in your own for around $2000 and it will last as long as the original one if not longer. Just buy it over the counter at your dealer parts department.

Skibob likes this.
  8. Logdog

Logdog New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So the refurbished batteries you sell are in different in what way? Thanks.

9. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    He did Eric, if you click on the right side of his photo, it reveals a few more photos.

The codes he got:

P0A80
    P3017
    C1310
    C1259

I'd say the Toyota dealers diagnosis is pretty accurate.
    +1 to Eric's advice. He is a straight up guy and has no interest in feathering his own nest.

My advice is DO NOT BUY A RE-WHATEVER HV Battery!

The processes used involve finding other not quite so dead 10-15 year old modules and swapping them in for the failed module(s), Block 7 in your case.

This fine to do, if you are doing it yourself (you only have yourself to blame when it dies again within 6 months), but after the third or fourth go around in 6 - 18 months the novelty wears thin pretty quick.

The only reliable (as in, you won't have to think about it for at least 10 years) is to replace all the modules with new ones.

The most affordable option currently is newpruisbatteries.com ($1600) followed by new from Toyota ($2200). Everything else is a crap shoot and if you are paying good money, you don't want to be visiting the shop every 6 months for more repairs to your old and dying battery.

A second option that can work out well is if you can find a battery from a wreck of a fairly new car say < 5 yo. You can use a Gen 3 (or Gen 4, if has NiMH chemistry) although from these models you will need to open up the pack and swap the modules into your Gen 2 battery case.

If you do decide on Toyota new, you should be able to get pricing in the the realm of $2200 + taxes, so shop around. Most seem to want to charge between $2400 - $2600, which is too high in my opinion.

YMMV. Hope that helps.

#9 dolj, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  10. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I see the pics now.
    Missed the little arrow and number count there from imugr

Dolj has some good advice and laid out some other good options, too.

If doing thetwork yourself, I like the idea of scavenging modules from low mile recent vintage pack. But around here the junkyards sell those packs for $1200-$1400, and you still have to do all the work of scavenging all the modules.

I very rarely sell refurbished batteries at this point.

For Gen2 Prius, the cost of NEW is not much more than the cost of a quality USED battery.

Most folks who sell USED batteries don't do much to the batteries other than swap one module that showed low resting voltage. They don't put in the effort to properly do the job. That is why it is cheap.

Additionally, even if they wanted to do a better job, they may not have the right equipment.

Of course there are a very rare exceptions to this, but it unlikely that your $700 guy is it.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  11. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You only paid 500 for the car. A brand new battery still puts you in the low cost category.
    Battery - 2004-2009 Toyota Prius (G9510-47031) | Tracy Toyota

How come I never find deals like that? I would jump on every deal like that I could find. A new factory battery and that car will sell for top dollar.

jerrymildred likes this.
  12. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Let me just second the good advice from @ericbecky, @JC91006, and @dolj. These guys all know what they're talking about.

Think about it. If you put in a new $2,200 battery, you spent $2,700 on a car that will most likely last another 10-15 years with no major expenses other than the possibility of a brake accumulator failure. A huge bargain!! Or you get a rebuilt battery for $700 and have a car you spent $1,200 on that will be getting towed and fixed every few months at best. I would not want that to happen on/in the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel!! Plenty of troubles in life come for free. Why spend $1,200 to have more of them?

Skibob likes this.
  13. Logdog

Logdog New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Well said, I've decided against that option. What do you reckon it would fetch with a new Toyota battery? It's in great condition and the service records are very thorough. I'm debating on whether or not to sell this or my 2011 Mazda 2 with 112k. Could probably sell that for $3,500 easily. I like the prius more, but I feel like some of the components that exist on it and not the Mazda are expensive to replace. I hear about people having their dashes taken off and that sounds expensive. Basically I'm looking for whatever is going to last longer but also be cheap to fix.

11/2/18
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 1062646
    INFORMATION, SERVICE - 165,000 MILES OR 78 MONTHS, SERVICE - 165,000 MILES OR 78 MONTHS, RESET OIL REPLACEMENT REMINDER, INSPECT BRAKE LININGS/DRUMS AND BRAKE PADS/DISCS, ROTATE TIRES,MAINTENANCE KIT (OIL ADDITIVE , FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER TO PUT INTO GAS TANK AND WINDSHIELD WASHER CON ~|~MAINTENANCE KIT (OIL ADDITIVE , FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER TO PUT INTO GAS TANK AND WINDSHIELD WASHER CONCENTRATE FOR $26.00 ~|~ ~|~164748 INSTALLED MAINT KIT, MAINTENANCE KIT (OIL ADDITIVE , FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER TO PUT INTO GAS TANK AND WINDSHIELD WASHER CON, BALANCE ALL 4 TIRES WITH SERVICE, AIR FILTER ELEMENT - REPLACE, BRAKES - CLEAN AND ADJUST, DRAIN AND FILLED TRANS, MULTI POINT INSPECTION, NO OUTSTANDING RECALLS AT THIS TIME, PERFORM COURTESY ELECTRONIC BATTERY TEST WITH PRINTOUT,INFORMATION, TOYOTA RENT-A-CAR

VIEW DETAILS
    7/17/18
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 1041633
    CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, CONTACT INFORMATION, INJECTOR, FUEL - REPLACE,PRIORITY FUEL INDUCTION SERVICE, TOYOTA RENT-A-CAR

VIEW DETAILS
    6/8/18
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 1034688
    DIAG, INFORMATION, MULTI POINT INSPECTION, INFORMATION

VIEW DETAILS
    5/19/18
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 1031282
    CUSTOMER WILL RESCHEDULE TO HAVE DIAG PERFORMED, CONTACT INFORMATION

VIEW DETAILS
    5/7/18
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 1029040
    DIAG, MULTI POINT INSPECTION, TOYOTA RENT-A-CAR, NO OUTSTANDING RECALLS AT THIS TIME, PERFORM COURTESY ELECTRONIC BATTERY TEST WITH PRINTOUT,INFORMATION, TUNE-UP - BASIC, COIL, IGNITION - REPLACE, INSTALL A/C POWER FOAM & FRESHENER. CLEAN CONDENSER FINS. CHECK A/C OPERATION. INSPECT DRIVE BELTS ~|~INSTALL A/C POWER FOAM & FRESHENER. CLEAN CONDENSER FINS. CHECK A/C OPERATION. INSPECT DRIVE BELTS, INSPECT CABIN AIR FILTER. ~|~ ~|~159358 COMPLETE, INSTALL A/C POWER FOAM & FRESHENER. CLEAN CONDENSER FINS. CHECK A/C OPERATION. INSPECT DRIVE BELTS

VIEW DETAILS
    3/26/18
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 1021362
    MULTI POINT INSPECTION, INFORMATION

VIEW DETAILS
    12/22/17
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 1005333
    SET ALL TIRES (INCLUDING SPARE) TO MANUFACTURER'S SPECS, FURTHER DIAG NEEDED, CONTACT INFORMATION

VIEW DETAILS
    7/28/17
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0977366
    SERVICE - 150,000 MILES OR 180 MONTHS,SERVICE - 150,000 MILES OR 180 MONTHS,INSPECT DRIVE SHAFT BOOTS, INSPECT EXHAUST PIPES AND MOUNTINGS, INSPECT STEERING LINKAGE AND BOOTS, INSPECT STEERING GEAR BOX, INSPECT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID, INSPECT DRIVE BELTS,INSPECT RADIATOR, CONDENSER AND INTERCOOLER, INSPECT ENGINE AND INVERTER COOLANT, REPLACE ENGINE AIR FILTER, REPLACE CABIN AIR FILTER, RESET OIL REPLACEMENT REMINDER, INSPECT FUEL TANK CAP GASKET, INSPECT FUEL LINES AND CONNECTIONS, FUEL TANK VAPOR VENT SYSTEM HOSES, FUEL TANK BAND, INSPECT BRAKE LININGS/DRUMS AND BRAKE PADS/DISCS, INSPECT BRAKE LINES AND HOSES, INSPECT BALL JOINTS AND DUST COVERS, BRAKES - CLEAN AND ADJUST,REPLACE LIGHT BULB

VIEW DETAILS
    3/3/17
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0949429
    TOYOTA RENT-A-CAR, BUY 3 GET 1 FOR $1.00 (24MONTHS 24,000 MILE FREE ROAD HAZARD PRIORITY 24 MONTHS 25,000 MILE FREE R ~|~BUY 3 GET 1 FOR $1.00 (24MONTHS 24,000 MILE FREE ROAD HAZARD PRIORITY 24 MONTHS 25,000 MILE FREE ROTATION (EVERY 5,000 MILES) ~|~LOW TREAD ON TIRES ~|~144980 REPLACED ALL 4 TIRES. MOUNT AND BALANCED 4 TIRES AND ADJUSTED PRESSURE TO SPEC'S, BUY 3 GET 1 FOR $1.00 (24MONTHS 24,000 MILE FREE ROAD HAZARD PRIORITY 24 MONTHS 25,000 MILE FREE R, ALIGNED TO SPECIFICATION FRONT END ONLY

VIEW DETAILS
    10/7/16
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0923176
    SERVICE - 140,000 MILES OR 168 MONTHS,SERVICE - 140,000 MILES OR 168 MONTHS,RESET OIL REPLACEMENT REMINDER,INSPECT BRAKE LININGS/DRUMS AND BRAKE PADS/DISCS, ROTATE TIRES, CABIN AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT: FILTHY (372985090), ENGINE AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT: DIRTY (372985123)

VIEW DETAILS
    5/14/16
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0895183
    MULTI POINT INSPECTION, CUSTOMER REQUEST TO TAKE THROUGH CAR WASH. PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCH LESS CAR WASH. PRIORIT ~|~CUSTOMER REQUEST TO TAKE THROUGH CAR WASH. PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCH LESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTER MARKET ITEMS, STICKERS, MAGNETS, OR PRIOR DAMAGE. AUTOMATIC CAR WASHES MAY CAUSE MICRO SCRATCHES. ~|~,CUSTOMER REQUEST TO TAKE THROUGH CAR WASH. PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCH LESS CAR WASH. PRIORIT, SERVICE - 135,000 MILES OR 162 MONTHS, SERVICE - 135,000 MILES OR 162 MONTHS, INSPECT DRIVE BELTS, INSPECT RADIATOR, CONDENSER AND INTERCOOLER, INSPECT ENGINE AND INVERTER COOLANT, ROTATE TIRES, RESET OIL REPLACEMENT REMINDER, INSPECT BRAKE LININGS/DRUMS AND BRAKE PADS/DISCS, INSPECT BRAKE LINES AND HOSES, INSPECT BALL JOINTS AND DUST COVERS, INSPECT DRIVE SHAFT BOOTS,INSPECT EXHAUST PIPES AND MOUNTINGS,INSPECT STEERING LINKAGE AND BOOTS,INSPECT STEERING GEAR BOX, CONTACT INFORMATION

VIEW DETAILS
    3/26/16
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0885457
    PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, ~|~PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, STICKERS, MAGNETS, OR PRIOR DAMAGE. AUTOMATIC CAR WASHES MAY CAUSE MICRO SCRATCHES.PLEASE WASH______________ DO NOT WASH _____________ ~|~ ~|~132953 WASHED VEHICLE, PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS,, INFORMATION, WINDSHIELD WIPER ENTIRE BLADE REPLACEMENT: BOTH WIPERS ARE TORN. FAILS S.I. (286554650) ~|~WINDSHIELD WIPER ENTIRE BLADE REPLACEMENT: BOTH WIPERS ARE TORN. FAILS S.I. (286554650) ~|~ ~|~132953 307: REPLACED WIPER BLADES, WINDSHIELD WIPER ENTIRE BLADE REPLACEMENT: BOTH WIPERS ARE TORN. FAILS S.I. (286554650)

VIEW DETAILS
    1/2/16
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0870001
    PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, ~|~PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, STICKERS, MAGNETS, OR PRIOR DAMAGE. AUTOMATIC CAR WASHES MAY CAUSE MICRO SCRATCHES.PLEASE WASH______________ DO NOT WASH _____________ ~|~ ~|~130139 COMPLETED, PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS,,PERFORM 4 TIRE ROTATION AND SET AIR PRESSURE, NO SERVICE PERFORMED

VIEW DETAILS
    8/15/15
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0844037
    PERFORM 4 TIRE ROTATION AND SET AIR PRESSURE, PERFORM ELECTRONIC BATTERY TEST WITH PRINTOUT, PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, ~|~PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, STICKERS, MAGNETS, OR PRIOR DAMAGE. AUTOMATIC CAR WASHES MAY CAUSE MICRO SCRATCHES.PLEASE WASH______________ DO NOT WASH _____________ ~|~, PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS,, MISC, PRIORITY ENGINE FLUSH SERVICE.REQUIRES OIL AND FILTER CHANGE.NOT INCLUDED, [OTHER]: MAINTENANCE KIT WITH ENGINE FLUSH (202986450), FRONT END ALIGNMENT

VIEW DETAILS
    3/20/15
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0814887
    PERFORM 120,000 MILE MAINTENANCE PER TOYOTA MAINTENANCE MANUAL. REPLACE CABIN AIR AND ENGINE AIR F ~|~PERFORM 120,000 MILE MAINTENANCE PER TOYOTA MAINTENANCE MANUAL. REPLACE CABIN AIR AND ENGINE AIR FILTERS IF NEEDED. DEDUCT $25.00 FOR EACH FILTER NOT NEEDED. SPARK PLUGS ARE EXTRA IF REQUIRED AND ARE PRICED ACCORDING TO MODEL AND ENGINE CLASS. ~|~, PERFORM 120,000 MILE MAINTENANCE PER TOYOTA MAINTENANCE MANUAL. REPLACE CABIN AIR AND ENGINE AIR F, PRIORITY FOR LIFE OIL AND FILTER CHANGE. OIL AND FILTER CHANGES, CONVENTIONAL MOTOR OIL. PERFORME ~|~PRIORITY FOR LIFE OIL AND FILTER CHANGE. OIL AND FILTER CHANGES, CONVENTIONAL MOTOR OIL. PERFORMED EVERY 5,000 MILES OR SIX MONTHS FROM LAST OIL AND FILTER CHANGE. ~|~ ~|~120196 PERFORMED OIL AND FILTER CHANGE,PRIORITY FOR LIFE OIL AND FILTER CHANGE. OIL AND FILTER CHANGES, CONVENTIONAL MOTOR OIL. PERFORME, MISC

VIEW DETAILS
    3/7/15
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0812384
    PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, ~|~PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, STICKERS, MAGNETS, OR PRIOR DAMAGE. AUTOMATIC CAR WASHES MAY CAUSE MICRO SCRATCHES.PLEASE WASH______________ DO NOT WASH _____________ ~|~, PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS,, CONTACT INFO, NO RECALLS

VIEW DETAILS
    12/26/14
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0799929
    SET ALL TIRES (INCLUDING SPARE) TO MANUFACTURER'S SPECS, PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, ~|~PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, STICKERS, MAGNETS, OR PRIOR DAMAGE. AUTOMATIC CAR WASHES MAY CAUSE MICRO SCRATCHES.PLEASE WASH______________ DO NOT WASH _____________ ~|~, PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS,, MISC, [OTHER]: TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR (118652000)

VIEW DETAILS
    10/24/14
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0788505
    PERFORM 4 TIRE ROTATION AND SET AIR PRESSURE, PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, ~|~PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS, STICKERS, MAGNETS, OR PRIOR DAMAGE. AUTOMATIC CAR WASHES MAY CAUSE MICRO SCRATCHES.PLEASE WASH______________ DO NOT WASH _____________ ~|~, PRIORITY CAR WASH IS NOT A TOUCHLESS CAR WASH. PRIORITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AFTERMARKET ITEMS,, INFO, REPLACE WATER PUMP, [OTHER]: INVERTER COOLANT SERV DUE TO TIME AND MILAGE (103125393), 4 CYLINDER TUNE UP, PRIORITY COOLANT FLUSH SERVICE

VIEW DETAILS
    7/5/14
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0767326
    ROTATE AND BALANCE 4 TIRES AND INSPECT BRAKES., REPLACE AIR FILTER, R&R WIPER BLADES

VIEW DETAILS
    2/23/14
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0741731
    REPLACE LIGHT BULB, REPLACE LIGHT BULB,REPLACE CABIN AIR FILTER, TIRES - 4: P185/65R15 (45170777), FRONT END ALIGNMENT

VIEW DETAILS
    10/26/13
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0720389
    MISC, ROTATE TIRES ONLY, PRIORITY COOLANT FLUSH SERVICE, BULB - HEADLIGHT BULB (HALOGEN): HID BULBS (38307204), ALIGNMENT - 2-WHEEL: EVERY 12K OR ONCE A YEAR (38307390)

VIEW DETAILS
    6/7/13
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0693331
    PRIORITY BRAKE FLUSH SERVICE,PERFORMED TRANSMISSION DRAIN AND REFILL, ROTATE AND BALANCE 4 TIRES AND INSPECT BRAKES.

VIEW DETAILS
    4/25/13
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0685320
    REPLACE BATTERY, TOYOTA RENT-A-CAR

VIEW DETAILS
    2/5/13
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0669826
    REPLACED OIL AND OIL FILTER, ROTATION OF TIRES, RESET TIRE PRESSURES, TOPPED OFF,COMLIMENTARY AUTOMATIC CAR WASH PER CUSTOMER REQUEST., PAGER #, WINDSHIELD WIPER ENTIRE BLADE REPLACEMENT: FAILS SI (24024877), C0T INSPECT BOLT HOLE AND RE PLACE BOLT ONLY - PRIUS

VIEW DETAILS
    10/5/12
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0648248
    INSTALL CUSTOMER SUPPLED ASSEMBLY, 35 K SERVICE, DRIVE BELT: CRACKED (18704800)

VIEW DETAILS
    9/21/12
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0645717
    DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR

VIEW DETAILS
    6/16/12
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0627839
    ROTATE & BALANCE 4 TIRES(EXCEPT MR2)INSP BRAKE DRUMS/ROTORS AND INSP BRAKE PADS/, INSTALL SOP

VIEW DETAILS
    5/30/12
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0624636
    FOUND AIR POCKET PRESENT WITHIN COOLING SYSTEM. COMPLETELY BLED SYSTEM AND RECHE, PAGER #

VIEW DETAILS
    5/29/12
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0624465
    MISC, PAGER #, TOYOTA RENT-A-CAR, SEE LINE A, SEE LINE A, MIL ON DTC P1121 04 - 05 PRIUS

VIEW DETAILS
    3/27/12
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0613529
    TIRE REPAIR RIGHT REAR, PAGER #,NITROGEN FILL 5 TIRES(INCLUDES SPARE TIRE), PRIORITY BRAKE FLUSH SERVICE

VIEW DETAILS
    2/18/12
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0606967
    75,000 MILE OR 90 MONTH MAINTENANCE,ALIGNMENT - 4-WHEEL (10210086), ENGINE AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT (10210090), BRAKES - CLEAN &AMP; ADJUST REAR (10210225)

VIEW DETAILS
    1/6/12
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0599930
    BULB - SIDE MARKER REPLACEMENT: RIGHT FRONT BULB OUT. (S.I.) (8903811)

VIEW DETAILS
    10/14/11
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0584813
    70,000 SERVICE, ROTATE TIRES ONLY, BRAKE INSPECTION, YOU MAY RECEIVE A SURVEY FROM TOYOTA. PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO COMPLETE THIS, COMLIMENTARY AUTOMATIC CAR WASH PER CUSTOMER REQUEST., CALLED 339-9477

VIEW DETAILS
    6/4/11
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0560488
    ROTATE TIRES (EXCEPT MR2) CHECK TIRE PRESSURES, AND INSPECT ALL BRAKE PADS, SHOE, COMLIMENTARY AUTOMATIC CAR WASH PER CUSTOMER REQUEST.

VIEW DETAILS
    2/26/11
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0542554
    ROTATE & BALANCE 4 TIRES.REPLACE ENGINE AIR FILTER. REPLACE CABIN AIR FILTER IF,PRIORITY ENGINE FLUSH SERVICE.REQUIRES OIL AND FILTER CHANGE.NOT INCLUDED,ADP INSPECTION SHEET, RECORD KEEPING AND RETENTION REQUIREMENT FEE, A0N REPLACE HV ELECTRIC LSC

VIEW DETAILS
    1/12/11
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0534726
    ADP INSPECTION SHEET, YOU MAY RECEIVE A SURVEY FROM TOYOTA. PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO COMPLETE THIS, PAGER #, A0N REPLACE HV ELECTRIC LSC

VIEW DETAILS
    10/29/10
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0522146
    ROTATE 4 TIRES(EXCEPT MR2) INSPECT ALL BRAKE SHOES/PADS AND INSPECT ALL BRAKE RO, YOU MAY RECEIVE A SURVEY FROM TOYOTA. PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO COMPLETE THIS, ADP INSPECTION SHEET,THROTTLE BODY SERVICE, PRIORITY BRAKE FLUSH SERVICE, PERFORMED GENERATOR GEAR SERVICE, 90L PEDAL MOD FOR TUNDRA AND SSC, TOYOTA RENT-A-CAR

VIEW DETAILS
    7/2/10
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0500168
    NO WORK PERFORMED AT THIS TIME, MISC,ADP INSPECTION SHEET, YOU MAY RECEIVE A SURVEY FROM TOYOTA. PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO COMPLETE THIS, PURCHASE 3 TIRES AND GET THE FORTH TIRE FOR $1.00. OFFER NOT VALID ON RUN FLAT S, 4 WHEEL ALIGN

VIEW DETAILS
    3/12/10
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0479735
    ROTATE 4 TIRES, CLEAN CABIN AIR FILTER IF EQUIPPED, INSTALL MAINTENANCE KIT. SER,PRIORITY ENGINE FLUSH SERVICE.REQUIRES OIL AND FILTER CHANGE.NOT INCLUDED,YOU MAY RECEIVE A SURVEY REGARDING YOUR RECENT SERVICE VISIT FROM TOYOTA. PLEASE, ADP INSPECTION SHEET, REPLACE AIR FILTER, REPLACE CABIN AIR FILTER,CLEAN AND ADJUST REAR BRAKES, FRONT END ALIGNMENT

VIEW DETAILS
    1/22/10
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0470005
    YOU MAY RECEIVE A SURVEY REGARDING YOUR RECENT SERVICE VISIT FROM TOYOTA. PLEASE, PAGER

VIEW DETAILS
    10/23/09
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0455128
    ROTATE 4 TIRES(EXCEPT MR2)BALANCE 4 TIRES,REPLACE CABIN AIR FILTER(COROLLA & MAT, YOU MAY RECEIVE A SURVEY REGARDING YOUR RECENT SERVICE VISIT FROM TOYOTA. PLEASE, ADP INSPECTION SHEET, PURCHASE 3 TIRES AND GET THE FORTH TIRE FOR $1.00. OFFER NOT VALID ON RUN FLAT S, CLEAN AND ADJUST REAR BRAKES

VIEW DETAILS
    6/5/09
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0431164
    ROTATE 4 TIRES(EXCEPT MRS), INSPECT ALL BRAKE PADS/SHOES, INSPECT ALL BRAKE DRUM, PRIORITY FOR LIFE OIL AND FILTER CHANGE. OIL AND FILTERS CHANGES PERFORMED EVERY, MISC, YOU MAY RECEIVE A SURVEY REGARDING YOUR RECENT SERVICE VISIT FROM TOYOTA. PLEASE, ADP INSPECTION SHEET, SET ALL TIRES (INCLUDING SPARE) TO MANUFACTURER'S SPECS, TIRE REPAIR

VIEW DETAILS
    1/23/09
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0410397
    ROTATE & BALANCE 4 TIRES(EXCEPT MR2),REPLACE AIR FILTER,REPLACE CABIN AIR FILTER, PRIORITY ENGINE FLUSH SERVICE.REQUIRES OIL AND FILTER CHANGE.NOT INCLUDED, YOU MAY RECEIVE A SURVEY REGARDING YOUR RECENT SERVICE VISIT FROM TOYOTA. PLEASE, SEE TECH NOTES, COMLIMENTARY AUTOMATIC CAR WASH PER CUSTOMER REQUEST.

VIEW DETAILS
    9/26/08
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0392805
    ROTATE TIRES(EXCEPT MR2), INSPECT BRAKE PADS/SHOES, INSPECT BRAKE ROTORS/DRUMS., COMPLETED NO CHARGE

VIEW DETAILS
    6/10/08
    Dealer
    Priority Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0375637
    ROTATE & BALANCE 4 TIRES(EXCEPT MR2), REPLACE CABIN AIR FILTER(COROLLA & MATRIX

VIEW DETAILS
    1/30/07
    Dealer
    Miller Toyota
    Repair Order Number: 0333124
    001013-PDI-TOYOTA

Should also mention that I found water in the 12v battery compartment and the adjacent side. No rust or corrosion. I removed the plugs are dried up the water. Not sure when the last 12v was, but the service records indicate that one was put in 2013, Truestart I believe. The gas gauge also occasionally (in the week I've had it) shows the wrong gas level. I believe unplugging the 12v reset it the first time. Owner told me she reset it somewhere on the touchscreen, but I can't remember where. Would love to hear suggestions! Sorry for the long post.

Also, the bottom right 3 buttons on the wheel don't work, only on the touchscreen.

#13 Logdog, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
  14. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is, sadly, a common problem. Use the Search>More...>Advanced Search option to search the Gen 2 threads for posts that are titled Water in spare wheel well or battery compartment. Should get plenty of useful suggestions.
    Possibly the 12 V is not charged and is dipping down, try a full charge with a fully automatic AGM battery charger. Other possibility is the CM is starting to go out. Can be fixed with a rebuilt unit on an exchange basis for ~$150 from Matt @Texas Hybrid Batteries.
    I'd also love to hear how that is done. Never heard of it before.
    The spiral cable in the steering wheel is faulty. Replace it with a genuine OEM one, the cheap Chinese knockoffs all over eBay and Amazon just don't last. Unless your idea of fun is doing the same jobs over and over again. Shop around the Toyota dealers that sell online for the best price. I believe genuine OEM can be had for around $150.

Overall it sounds like a nice enough example to do the above repairs on top of the HV battery. Once you have completed all that it should be a very nice daily driver. Its value? Look it up in KBB for an idea.

Hope that helps.

#14 dolj, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Skibob and jerrymildred like this.
  15. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    WOW! So they took it to the dealer every time it got dirty?

KBB is probably the best way to get an idea of what it would be worth. Three years ago, my wife's '05 with similar miles got totaled by a texter. It was a trim 6 and the insurance company gave us over $6,000 for it.

Skibob likes this.
  16. Logdog

Logdog New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Haha I guess so. It looks almost new.