1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trouble with 2008 Prius...Need Help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Joel Alvarez, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Joel Alvarez

Joel Alvarez New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2008 Toyota Prius. Today after getting out of my car i pressed the key fob to lock and heard the sound of the Prius locking cut off. I went back in to check and noticed that the car was not responding to the unlock button of the key fob so opened it manually. Once in nothing would work, the power appeared to be entirely out. However the power then returned and i inserted the key for and turned on the car but when it powered up the power button was red and the gas gauge was blinking at one bar. I pressed the power button and then the car turned off. I then powered it up again with foot on break and everything seemed ready to go (though reseted) and the fuel gauge was at 4 bars instead of 6 bars (where it was at before all this funky stuff). What is going on?

Thank you for your help!

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You lost 12v power, most likely. The fuel level is a good indicator for that. Any time 12v is disconnected or lost, the fuel drops to one blip. The HV battery level also goes to default bars. They will recalibrate themselves after several minutes.

You may also lose your radio presets and the auto lower/raise of the driver window.

Skibob and SFO like this.
  3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

How old is the 12v battery?

How often do you drive the vehicle? (example: 10 hours per week)