1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

True or False?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Aug 23, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Below is a statement from an Israeli Peace Now Activist. You agree or disagree?

"If the Arabs put down their arms, there will be peace. If the Jews put down their arms there won’t be any Jews left."

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not going to agree or disagree but I will LMAO! That was funny, well in a sad sort of way. :)

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm going to disagree because I believe that no matter what is done/not done, there will NEVER be peace in the middle east. EVER. Until there no longer IS a middle east to speak of...but on the humorous side, that's a funny quote. :D

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Aug 23 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]308328[/snapback]</div>
    How would you change that statement to make it true in your opinion?

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 23 2006, 11:38 AM) [snapback]308354[/snapback]</div>
    I chose not to agree/disagree because I honestly don't know enough about the specifics of the conflict and possible resolutions to voice an opinion so therefore I'd rather not make an ignorant comment. :)

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    True, at least with the current mind-set of all those involved.

Tom

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I say it's irrelevant. Neither will "put down their arms" voluntarily. Both have their flaws.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 23 2006, 02:55 PM) [snapback]308374[/snapback]</div>
    Play along here... please

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Then I vote False, there won't be peace.

10. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  11. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I disagree. I believe the issue is significantly more complicated than how it was presented here.

12. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 23 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]308319[/snapback]</div>
    You mean Arabs would kill the Jews in America too?

13. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  14. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 23 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]308319[/snapback]</div>
    Bullies say this. They have neither the wit nor courage to get along with others, and blame others for this failing. Israel has repeatedly proved itself an especially witless, cowardly and vicious bully, all the time protesting its atrocities are "defense" and "necessary for survival." Bosh.

Faced with what you refuse to see as anything other than an implacable adversary, you can spend eternity locked in pointless, stupid, destructive conflict that makes both of your lives a relentless hell, or you rise to the challenge of trying to get along, turn the inimical into an alliance, so that both of you flourish. But to do so takes wit, courage, and a good bit of humility, all qualities that Israel couldn't find two molecules of to bang together if you dragged a seine from Haifa to the Dead Sea. And so the bully keeps getting bloodied, and keeps bloodying in turn, and keeps blaming those "evil" others for its own failings.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

15. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Burritos, have you read the Koran? I have.

It's equal to reading Mein Kampf. (I read Mein Kampf too.)

Hitler wrote Mein Kampf while in prison. Once Hitler was released from prison, he did exactly what he said he would do.

If you read the Koran, you will have a very good idea of what it is that is taking place not just for today, but for tomorrow, and for what is to come.

Now what was it that they say, history is bound to repeat itself if we don't learn from it?

IMHO, there will be no peace.

That sword will cut both ways. The one who does the cutting will himself also be cut.

16. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Aug 24 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]309024[/snapback]</div>
    What an incredibly uninformed statement. [attachmentid=4630]

I have never met anyone so willingly ignorant of the facts or the truth. [attachmentid=4631]

Wildkow

Attached Files:

17. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I disagree. If the Arabs put down their arms, they'll be controlled and oppressed by the Jews. Then they'll get upset and pick up their arms again, and we're back to square one.

How about on the count of 3 we all put our guns down, ok? 1... 2...

18. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 23 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]308319[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think there's any question about the importance of good personal hygiene, if that's what you mean...regardless if you're and Arab or a Jew.

With the warm weather over there, I'd think they'd be a little more careful about choosing and applying an effective antiperspirant/deodorant, as a gesture of faith and goodwill

Ohhhh... 'arms'...like GUNS...?!?

Ummmmmmmm, nevermind.

Seriously, I think the Jews are in a better place economically (for a wide variety of reasons) and so of course would rather preserve the status quo; when you've less, you've got less to lose.

19. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

I think one of the biggest questions to ask is:

How much crap will we take as long as we are tied into Israel?

At some point, you have to draw the line, do you really want your family, children, friends, anyone you care for, dying because of, in essence, someone else's, to put it bluntly, pissing match?

I think at this point, Israel can fend for themselves, they beat back all the Arabs in '67, they're well equipped, and have one of the best military infrastructure on the face of the planet...

Oh yeah:

[attachmentid=5470]

Attached Files:

20. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    An interesting factoid about Israel's war of independence...the P-51 Mustang, Supermarine Spitfire and FW-190 were all purchased and used by the Israeli Air Force.

I believe this is the only time ever that war-seasoned fighter aircraft from three different nations served together simultaneously.

I, too, believe that Israel now has the resources to take care of itself.