1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trunk organizer

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Smaug1, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Smaug1

Smaug1 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My mom bought something like this for her Prius when she bought it. Probably overpaid at the stealership. However, I always liked it; looked for it when I bought mine.

I realized this is something that doesn't need to be model-specific. I looked on Amazon and found several. This one seemed to be a good balance between price and quality, going by the reviews, Soni ordered it.

I installed it last night; it's pretty brilliant. It has pockets on the side, a center divider in the main compartment, and an optional sub divider for one of the two main compartments. It has stiffening sheets for the bottom and a handle on each side so you could just being the whole thing into Costco or into your home after shopping. Lastly, it has two adjustable tie-down straps, which can be clipped to the anchor points in the back of the trunk area. (I wish there were two more such points in the front of the trunk...)

I made a quick video to show you how it looks:

RCO likes this.
  2. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I carry a cooler in the back. It serves many purposes. It is especially useful when I go to the market. AND since I already had the cooler and it takes up a lot of space anywhere else in my house, it's a good place for it.

alanclarkeau, RCO and Smaug1 like this.
  3. Smaug1

Smaug1 Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That is a great idea! I might do that.

Do you have some way to keep it from sliding around back there? Maybe rubber feet?

4. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the same item and really like it! Got it as a door prize from a PriusChat sponsored get-together a few years back. I improved mine by glueing the snaps together, so that they don't let go when you pick it up by the handles. I don't get any slippage, even when empty.

alanclarkeau, RCO and Smaug1 like this.
  5. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I have a 27 gallon plastic storage box in the back that holds stuff so it doesn't go sliding around in the back. If I go grocery shopping, no need to carry grocery bags, just carry in the storage box and put it back when done.

Smaug1 likes this.
  6. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    A couple of cardboard boxes works for me...

alanclarkeau and krmcg like this.
  7. MichelleStone

MichelleStone Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't have an issue with that. If I did, I'd connect it to the little cargo hooks.

Smaug1 likes this.
  8. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've got cardboard boxes, one stays in the car all the time with shopping bags, a cardigan, small blanket, umbrella etc. And another couple I keep inside which slip in - like the one in the photo below which I brought back inside last night after a trip to library, grandchildren do deliver home-grown fruit and a change of clothes.

I've got the rubber (?) cargo floor, but it's a bit slippery, so I had some leftover non-slip floor-mat underlay which I cut to the same shape and it sits in the boot, meaning that things don't slip.

upload_2018-8-15_11-3-37.png

upload_2018-8-15_11-1-29.png

Smaug1 likes this.
  9. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah, yes... necessity always was the mother of invention. Congrat's to all you inventors of trunk/boot paraphernalia. (y)(y)

Smaug1 and alanclarkeau like this.
  10. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    I have 2' x 1' 6" plastic collapsible crate in mine and two generic small square rubber floor mats to stop it sliding about.
    I do miss the underfloor storage, that's where the stuff in the crate used to go in the Gen 3 and the Prius+

RCO likes this.
  11. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The best storage I've seen in a Gen 4 PRIUS is @JimmyPri - he has specific containers for all sorts of things in the cargo space - including - HIM - asleep.

RCO likes this.