1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Try my Fuel Consumption Converter. (0.2 MB download)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by uart, Sep 10, 2009.

1. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    In Australia our fuel consumption figures are measured in Litres per 100km but most info I'm getting on the internet is in MPG. I got tired of doing the conversion all the time so a I wrote a tiny program to do it.

Give it try if you like. It's only a 0.2MB download and will run on any Windows computer. It doesn't write any files to the hard drive or make any registry changes so its very safe to try. :)

Just enter a number in to any one of the fields (Litres per 100km, km per Litre, MPG US or MPG UK) and when you tab or click out it will automatically calculate all of the other fields.

Download it here : http://web.aanet.com.au/uart/

2. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    File Update - I just added some extra features to convert speed and distances as well. ( Still only 0.2MB )

BTW Has anyone has tried this yet?
    Let me know if you're having any trouble downloading, saving or running the file.

3. massman

massman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Works OK for me...for fun I found that my US MPG of 52.5 that I got on my last tank is 4.480 litres per 100km!!!

COOL:D

4. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks for testing massman. :)

Yeah here in Australia we measure it in Litres per 100km. It takes a while to get used to the fact that a lower number mean better fuel economy. I wish I could get under 4.5 L per 100k :D, currently I'm only managing 4.9 (about 48 MPG)

5. BAllanJ

BAllanJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I like the litres/100km unit. It's the way problems present themselves. If I'm going thinking of driving to Montreal, which is 300 km from here, I know that'll use a little under 15 litres (I'm getting about 4.5l/100km in this weather) and that'll cost me about $13 Canadian (If I don't fill up in Quebec where they tax gas even more than they do here) and 30l will get me there and home again.

For MPG to be useful, problems would have to present themselves in a way like: I have 8 gallons in my tank, so how far can I go? I don't usually make decisions that way. Maybe I would if there weren't filling stations everywhere.

6. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks uart,

My lifetime Prius mileage (over 2.5 years) only figures at 5.505 l/km. Not as good as some Prius drivers, but almost twice as good as my 05 Avalon. (10.408 l/km over 4.5 years)

7. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Update.

I just finalized this program. I added a few minor features for distance and volume conversions along with a "calculate" button for those who would like their fuel consumption calculated (in all 4 available measurement units) from their entered distance and fuel volume data.

I've uploaded the final version to Priuschat File Library here : http://priuschat.com/forums/file-library/69451-simple-fuel-consumption-converter-calculator.html

I included a screenshot this time so you can take a look before you download. :)