1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trying to decide what is a better deal. Purchasing Saturday

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Jim Bartholomew, Aug 23, 2017.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd be curious if Fuelly confirms what you are saying about the improvement.
    I have the 2009 Caravan (Routan version) rated for 20 MPG EPA and I can see 24 MPG on trips, but my average is closer to 17-18 MPG and I can get as low as 12 MPG in the winter if I do not have highway driving in there to bump it up. I think a Prius v could do at least 2x better MPG on average, but of course a v cannot carry 4x8 sheets of plywood and 8 passengers, so it's not a fair comparison.

2. benkhanobi

benkhanobi Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2005 had the 3.8L engine- 17mpg average, on the trip computer for 1000 miles of regular driving was normal- it was a heavy minvan. I got the AVP version, no spare tire and the lighter center bench seat. I drive in eco mode, as normal will spin the wheels - the transmission has a super low 4.1 gearing.
    The Chrysler 62TE automatic transmission (transaxle)
    I am looking for a Prius v again, to replace my Chevy 2009 HHR- the 40% depreciation on relatively new models makes them a very good buy, now. Back in 2014, I tried to do a trade on a v, but the Dodge dealer's deal was $12K less- and they wanted my 2007 Prius- they gave me $3000 more in trade, than Toyota.

3. benkhanobi

benkhanobi Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I too am looking for a Prius v, found 2 nearly identical 2015s at the same dealer 80 miles away, base 5 trim, for $18,900, CPO, with Toyota 100K power train warranty. Going next week to check them out- one has 29K and the other 35K miles.