1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trying to install heated seat kit to lower gear shift console

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by us_matrix, Apr 9, 2011.

1. us_matrix

us_matrix Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I got Gen III base model. I bought heated seat kit off from ebay and planning to install it under Clazzio seat cover. I searched around and found that there is heated seat swtich under the gear shift 12v console. Does anyone has the wiring diagram and how to install after market heated seat kit? The kit i got just required 12v power. I am not sure if I should just get 12v power from the 12v outlet under the gear shift console or connect to the factory heated seat switch somehow.

Thanks.

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Here it is.

Attached Files:

3. us_matrix

us_matrix Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks.

Where is the heater switch located? Is it located behind the 12v power outlet from lower center console from picture below? Do you or anyone has instructions of how to remove the lower center console area and wire diagarm behind the 12v outlet? I am trying to install the heated seat switch button in the 12v outlet area and may be just getting power from the 12v outlet if factory heated switch is not an easy task to do.

Thanks again.

Attached Files:

4. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The factory installed seat heater switch goes in place of the blank next to the power port. It's a combo switch, left and right in one assembly. I mounted the individual switches in the upper corners to the left and right of the blank and the power port within that same panel.

5. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four

Attached Files:

6. us_matrix

us_matrix Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Paul & Frodoz!

Hi Frodoz,

This is the one i got from ebay with the Hi/Lo swtich button like yours.
    Universal Heated Pad Kit Seat Heater Car (2 seat Kit) | eBay

How/Where did you get power for the heated seat kit? Or did you connect directly to the factory heated switch behind the 12V outlet lower console panel?

Thanks.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Can't you find a more convenient place for the switch? Toyota's location is a stretch for me.

8. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My negotiated purchase was for a Model II Base with the Dealer's local installer to add full leather and seat heaters. Port installed leather did not include door panels and console. Without pulling panels I can not be sure where they tapped power. This is a common upgrade for Trim Shops, so the info is there, I just don't know. Sorry.

You might consider doing the Lumbars as well, as these seats need a little help in that area. Then again, maybe I'm just getting old.

9. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There's also the pdf from the OP on this Yaris thread:

DIY: Heated Seats for 2006-2011 Yaris

You'll have to register first, but it's a generally helpful site... of course it doesn't really compare to our dear PriusChat. :)

dh5379 likes this.