1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trying to join the club!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mcsenerd, May 27, 2008.

1. mcsenerd

mcsenerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello everyone!

I'm not a proud Prius owner yet...but I'm sure trying to become one. I currently own an '05 Honda Element EX that I have been fairly satisfied with. It has served my family and I fine for the years that we've had it in service. My children are getting older now however, and that affords me the opportunity to pursue different types of vehicles (I wanted a Prius when we bought the Element...but the wife vetoed it on the basis that our double stroller didn't fit well:() So long story short...I'm now in the market for the car of my nerdy dreams...the Prius.

I'm looking for an '08 Prius Base in Barcelona Red with Grey interior and the #5 package (I'd take a #4 though if I could get one sooner). I'm on a waiting list and I hope I can get a hold of one soon. I can't wait...

I just mainly wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know how much I've appreciated all of the quality information that is available here in the PriusChat forums. I've learned so much already by lurking around and I'm sure I'll learn even more in the coming months and years. Wish me luck finding my Prius and I look forward to many posts yet to come!

2. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Good luck on getting your car, I hope that your wait isn't too long. Glad that you find all the information helpful. Welcome to PriusChat!

3. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What is your waiting list like?

4. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Good luck.. you will never regret it. But one caution.. get all the options you want or you may find yourself in two years looking for another one with a bit more options!

5. mcsenerd

mcsenerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was told that it would be 4 to 6 weeks...but I keep salespeople in the same class as politicians, lawyers, CEOs of major energy companies, and such.

...as in "if their lips are moving...then you know they must be..."

But I'm hoping the guy's right...I might have my Honda already sold...so I'll be down to one vehicle for the family until I can get a hold of a new one...

6. lfwintx

lfwintx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I placed my order yesterday for Barcelona red with package #3. The salesman didn't want to give me an estimate but finally said "6 months, plus or minus a few months". I hope that neither of us has to wait that long!

7. mcsenerd

mcsenerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    So lfwintx... what part of the lone star do you reside in? I'm around the Galveston/Houston area...

8. mcsenerd

mcsenerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    For what it is worth...I may have a nibble on one coming off the boat w/#5 package and leather added at destination. It's a touring and not a base like I was looking for...but for such a fast find...I think I might take it if I get the chance. I'll know more in the morning...

9. mcsenerd

mcsenerd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well... Scratch that chance at getting that one... Running a scam for sure. Called me up this morning and stated that I could get the car...but only at $5000 over MSRP :eek: Ummm...I think not. So...it's back to waiting again...