1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trying to re-install removed Aux input

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jaekh, Jun 1, 2015.

1. jaekh

jaekh New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey there,

My Fiancee has an '07 Option 6 Prius and it would appear that the auxiliary input in the center console has been removed - either by the dealer to make a few extra bucks on installing it or the previous owner for whatever reason.

I don't have much experience with Prius' so I'm wondering how simple it would be to wire in another input. My father-in-law has already tried but I'm not sure it was soldered correctly (left and right wires soldered but not the ground). Even so, when I try pressing the Disc/Aux button I get no response from the display. Does it have to be wired correctly before the mode switches to aux? Does it only switch when something is plugged in and playing? Has it been disabled somehow? Does an actual input need to be fitted or would a cable with a 3.5mm jack soldered to the wires suffice?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks 20150601_094549[1].jpg 20150601_094719[1].jpg

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    the factory jack apparently is self grounding so that the head unit can tell if something is plugged in. I believe it skips aux if nothing is plugged into it. seems to me there is a small circuit board on the factory jack. you might need to get one from a junk yard.
    since the jack is stereo, you will need all 3 wires to be hooked up. use shrink tubing to insulate the wires from each other after soldering

jaekh likes this.