1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Trying to save my old workhorse. Rebuilt traction battery starting to fail.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gino Veltri, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Gino Veltri

Gino Veltri Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I know, why the hell does it stop once you leave that screen. And then randomly cut in and out (maybe based on the speed I’m driving). Would be nice to keep it going all the time.

that’s awesome, I’ve got plenty of those and just got my RC charger. So I’m gonna start charging/discharging today. I’ve got some number for charge/discharge cutoff and rate… but there’s this issue of delta peaks w these chargers apparently. I have no idea what that means except that I could accidentally over or under charge/discharge the modules…also, is a module at 6.32 beyond saving? Should I just scrap that one? It seems to be the only bad module (based only on voltage after sitting for a month or two)

I dropped him a line…I think he offered to give me a crash course. I should take him up on it as I now know my Prius could probably make it to Boulder, iffy on if I’d make it back without help. (The past two times I’ve tried this with others, they flaked out when I was halfway to Denver to meet)

#21 Gino Veltri, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2021