1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TSB for front brake caliper rattle

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by seilerts, Sep 14, 2011.

1. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've seen a couple threads about this issue. A service bulletin was published today. Toyota has finally owned up and redesigned the caliper slide pin bushing. Well, they almost owned up, as free replacement is under 3/36 warranty. See attached pdf

Attached Files:

2. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Great, thanks again...off to the dealer I go with the TSBs for the frontal calipers, the rear squeak and the oil change door. I am just not sure they will honor it since my door hasn't fallen off yet (though it is looking a little worn/torn in one spot). I also question the rear break squeak since that does not happen consistently, and they might try to weasel their way out of the repair.

3. leeb18c

leeb18c Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for posting the TSB. However, looks like it's not much more than grease job to waste my time at dealer. :(

4. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I agree, unless you are at the dealer for scheduled maintenance, it is not worth the trip. But I think every 2010 will get bushings, not just a grease job.

5. Canard

Canard Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Great find on the TSB - Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-Iain

6. Analogkid1958

Analogkid1958 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My car's way out of warranty - I'm assuming I can get the new parts whenever I get the pads changed - whenever that happens (85,000 miles and they're still at 75%!)?

7. johnmaci

johnmaci Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Merci!
    I had been looking for something like this for a while, but could not find it.
    I think a link to this TSB should be posted on the Prius Chat homepage for all to see :rockon: