1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TSLA goes from $350 to $360

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Dec 3, 2018.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    TSLA went up ~$10 from Friday's close $350.48, to Monday's opening, $360.00. But this isn't real until we see confirmation from China or Tesla. Trump tweets so much BS, I can't believe anything he says or tweets.

Source: Trump tweets China to cut tax on U.S.-made cars, revs up auto stocks

U.S. President Donald Trump said China had agreed to cut import tariffs on American-made cars . . . said on Twitter "China has agreed to reduce and remove tariffs on cars coming into China from the U.S. Currently the tariff is 40%".
    . . .
    Beijing raised tariffs on U.S. auto imports to 40 percent in July, forcing many carmakers to hike prices in a major hit to the roughly $10 billion worth of passenger vehicles the United States sent to China last year.

That put U.S.-made car brands like Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) and Ford Motor Co's (F.N) Lincoln at a major disadvantage as the move came soon after China slashed auto import tariffs for the wider market to 15 percent from 25 percent.

We really need to see confirmation from China or Tesla. Will the SEC take a peek if the tariffs don't change or change in some funky way?

I can envision China graduating tariff reductions to favor EVs and plug-in hybrids, part of their clean air effort. Less efficient cars, not so much.

Bob Wilson

ps. This may be too close to the edge of political. My original title was "Why lying is bad."

2. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I see Chinese tariffs here as primarily protectionism (with forced intellectual property transfer) and clean air concerns a distant second. Forced intellectual property transfer is a concern shared by both sides of the aisle.

Certainly good news for Tesla if tariffs are reduced or eliminated.

3. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to politics (did you see his predecessor taking credit for the booming economy and the domestic oil boom?). I decided to fatefully check in here after a long hiatus looking for chatter about the long-awaited base $35k model. I will now get my coat since the only thing I have in common with most here is my fondness of Tesla and energy freedom.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    and still no 35k package...

5. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It isn't even 2019 yet.

6. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    And Elon is also guilty of making misleading statements on Twitter.
    In his most recent company correspondence, he did state the actual price was down to $38k, so they have more cost cutting to do.

7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    iplug likes this.