1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

TTAC: EPA (and TrueCar) Confirms: America’s Most Fuel-Efficient Cars Are Not American

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Mar 15, 2013.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  2. acdii

acdii Active Member

Results are skewed. It says cars, yet when you look at the actual numbers of cars, Ford is right up there with the rest, add in the SUV, trucks, vans etc, and it does drop the over all MPG down.

3. THF

THF Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's because American automakers can't figure out how to make decent vehicles anymore.

4. acdii

acdii Active Member

oh? Maybe chrysler and Gm cant, but Ford does make a decent car. Put the Fusion next to the Camry and see. The Camry looks bloated and old. The only thing Camry does have going for it is the EPA numbers CAN be obtained. Take away that crappy MFT, and the reliability rating will shoot way up. The MFT is what brings the Fords down.

5. THF

THF Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If I bought a new car it would be a Ford. I wouldn't touch their trucks, however; they have all sorts of reliability issues, especially compared with the Toyota Tundra. I don't often hear of a Ford F reaching 300k, and certainly not without it having had some expensive part go out.